Conor McGregor Flew in Gold Medalist Jordan Burroughs to Ireland for his Camp

Wait....Am I understanding this correctly?

Dana and the UFC are paying for this guy to teach Conor wrestling?

Isn't that a conflict of interest from the company?

Lol ya Dana and all his integrity and translucent business practices.

He should have flown in Bob Sapp to teach him how to quit with more dignity #McTap

The source is "natureismetal.com"

Not sure if I'd believe that

Since Conor has equity now, does it technically mean he’s still paying for it?

Not even the same type of wrestler & has no idea about MMA wrestling

Jordan Burroughs destroys Khabib in grappling and it's not even close

MMA grappling with submissions & GnP is a completely different beast compared to traditional wrestling.

Connor should have had Woodley come over to train with. He has a strong base in wrestling, top-level TDD, and his GnP is savage. With Woodley analyzing every takedown Kabib performed in his UFC career, they would have come up with a decent gameplan to avoid TDs with top level TDD.

The only shot Conor has of winning this fight is keeping it standing, and finish Kabib in the 1st or 2nd round.

Conor spends months defending blast doubles from one of the best wrestlers in the world, Khabib body locks and trips Conor.

Oh shit, guess that was a lot of time and money wasted.

Those thinking you can fly in a freestyle wrestler to "mimick" a guy with a completely different style that's been doing it since he was 3 lol

This may actually work against Conor because Khabib won't move anything like burroughs

Smart man.
People underrate Conor’s ground game. His entire camp will be grappling and conditioning. There is no doubt Conor has been working on his grappling like a madman for a good while now and he’s been working with elite grapplers.

I see Conor avoiding a few clinches early on, but I do believe Khabib gets Conor down at some point in the first. The question is going to be how Conor looks after the first round. It comes down to his gas tank. Khabib has great control once he’s on top with great GnP, he’s a huge LW, and is the strongest fighter Conor will have ever faced. Having Khabib on top of you is a whole different animal than having Mendes on top of you. Khabib is going to be relentless with closing the distance and getting Conor against that cage.

But we all know if Conor times that left hand perfectly everything changes.

Each have a very clear path to victory. Can’t wait for the fight.
People can hate Conor all they want but the guy work his ass off.

He is floydesque where he (or some employee) publish bunch of pics/videos of him partying and doing stupid stuff but they never show how hard he trains/work.

Jordan Burroughs destroys Khabib in grappling and it's not even close.

That said I can fly Usain Bolt to my place to train me in 100m and I still won't beat the 14 second mark. I mean okay I can't really because Bolt is worth north of 50 millions and I'm a bum but you get what I'm trying to say.
Grappling? No. He gets subbed in the fourst.
Wrestling? Yes.

Not a fan of either guy. McGregor has more or less conceded through both his words and actions that Khabib is going to get his hands on him. Not a good sign for him.

I'm rooting for mac in the fight but no matter what he does during this camp he wont be able to get better than khabib. Cardio i believe is what's going to help him the most

Back