Conor’s recent tweet

He’d never accept a short notice fight because everyone knows they can sell Conor tickets at a higher gate price. He wants his fights to have more extensive promo to generate higher PPV, all of which he gets a percentage.
As long as the guarenteed money is there for conor...I doubt he cares about ppv buys or percentages. And I have a feeling even if he takes it on 1 week notice....they will still sell a lot of PPV's.

but Floyd knows talking about it will keep him being talked about and that all he cares about.
I think it's pointless for Floyd to just talk about it man. Why would he even want that drama? He risks making himself look like a fool. I'm not saying they will fight, but I guarantee you Floyd has/is truly considering it. If I said this last year everybody would think I'm nuts, but we saw the unthinkable in August. It's not like it couldn't happen again. UFC better be ready to reach deep in their pockets tho

I think it's pointless for Floyd to just talk about it man. Why would he even want that drama? He risks making himself look like a fool. I'm not saying they will fight, but I guarantee you Floyd has/is truly considering it. If I said this last year everybody would think I'm nuts, but we saw the unthinkable in August. It's not like it couldn't happen again. UFC better be ready to reach deep in their pockets tho

floyd wont do it but if he every week drops hints media will keep feeding his ego and talking about him.

fist if was a photo wearing mma gloves than next if was standing in a mma cage than it was saying im meeting weith dana than saying my wrestling is a 7 and than fleing for a license and training with Woodley.

and the media eating it up and still talking about him and that what floyd wants.

It's not even about being stupid. Floyd is old. If he were 30 then I'd say he could train for a year or 2 and go on a tear in mma. But he's not, he's 41 and perfectly tunded for a different sport.

Time is a bitch like that
Totally agree with your point about floyd being old. But I'm not convinced floyd isn't going to fight in the UFC. 40? Hell no you can't start at 40 and do well. 30....at least we've seen that. But I think even at 30 he wouldn't do too well with 2 years of training. I mean 30 is old especially for that weight class. Not to mention you're 32-33 when you take your first fight.
What I think it boils down to is the preceding style. Like DC, Romero, Lesnar (all got a very late start in mma) but they were all elite wrestlers. That's going to buy you a lot of time in MMA because you have a greater chance of being able to dictate the fight and land takedowns. Plain boxing isn't stopping nobody who's at brown belt level bjj or even just a decent wrestler.

but Floyd knows talking about it will keep him being talked about and that all he cares about.
Eeeh Disagree. Floyd is talking about it so he can get a spot in promoting MMA or boxing/mma joint productions in the future. Floyd only talks when he needs to get buisness done. I think he will be involved in MMA just not in fights.

Eeeh Disagree. Floyd is talking about it so he can get a spot in promoting MMA or boxing/mma joint productions in the future. Floyd only talks when he needs to get buisness done. I think he will be involved in MMA just not in fights.

but as long as people talk about Floyd than Floyd is happy

Totally agree with your point about floyd being old. But I'm not convinced floyd isn't going to fight in the UFC. 40? Hell no you can't start at 40 and do well. 30....at least we've seen that. But I think even at 30 he wouldn't do too well with 2 years of training. I mean 30 is old especially for that weight class. Not to mention you're 32-33 when you take your first fight.
What I think it boils down to is the preceding style. Like DC, Romero, Lesnar (all got a very late start in mma) but they were all elite wrestlers. That's going to buy you a lot of time in MMA because you have a greater chance of being able to dictate the fight and land takedowns. Plain boxing isn't stopping nobody who's at brown belt level bjj or even just a decent wrestler.
Disagree. At 30-32 Floyd was still capable of making cuts to the 135. He'd have a huge power advantage over a lot of those guys (that weight range was where he was racking up lots of KOs) and the striking difference goes without saying. Give him 2 years to get a decent ground game and he could do very well at BW. Floyd's work ethic is crazy. Time is his only limiter for transitioning imo.

Take Cody for example. He only uses his wrestling for TDD. Most of his game is boxing footwork and counters.

With that said, I'm not saying he'd be unbeaten like he is in boxing but he could have hung with some of the big dogs in his prime with enough time to properly transition.

but as long as people talk about Floyd than Floyd is happy
No not really. Floyd was fine being in the back ground before MayMac. He just knows how to jump on a pay day. It was never about the fame for him. It was the cash and the glory.

Disagree. At 30-32 Floyd was still capable of making cuts to the 135. He'd have a huge power advantage over a lot of those guys (that weight range was where he was racking up lots of KOs) and the striking difference goes without saying. Give him 2 years to get a decent ground game and he could do very well at BW. Floyd's work ethic is crazy. Time is his only limiter for transitioning imo.

Take Cody for example. He only uses his wrestling for TDD. Most of his game is boxing footwork and counters.

With that said, I'm not saying he'd be unbeaten like he is in boxing but he could have hung with some of the big dogs in his prime with enough time to properly transition.
Cody was a state champ in high school and wrestled some in college. He's prob had about 6-7 years of training post college. So let's assume cody became a great mma wrestling after (3 yrs of high school, 1 year of college, and 3 years of training mma) that's still 7 years it took to acquire those skills.

Cody was a state champ in high school and wrestled some in college. He's prob had about 6-7 years of training post college. So let's assume cody became a great mma wrestling after (3 yrs of high school, 1 year of college, and 3 years of training mma) that's still 7 years it took to acquire those skills.
But he only uses a single aspect of it. He only uses his TDD. Learning a single aspect of a sport requires much less time. And they don't need to be on par with Cody's TDD. It just needs to be functional.

Mix footwork with basic TDD (like Cody) and you'd have a solid style for BW

But he only uses a single aspect of it. He only uses his TDD. Learning a single aspect of a sport requires much less time. And they don't need to be on par with Cody's TDD. It just needs to be functional.

Mix footwork with basic TDD (like Cody) and you'd have a solid style for BW
All in positive feedback my friend......Yea I ignored that part but here's why. To learn TDD you have to as well know takedowns. He didn't just learn one aspect of the sport. Cody's offensive wrestling is probably as good as his defense. It just so happens that Cody is a good boxer and prefers to strike. I don't think he could just go out there with his opponent having zero threat of him landing a takedown? You know what I mean...that changes a lot of things about the fight.

Now assuming you're Floyd mayweather, and you have no chance at learning all of wrestling, yea you'd prob want to spend zero time learning takedowns. Defense is your key. Everybody know's you're not going to be out-wrestling anybody. He and Cody are 2 different people. I just struggle to think Floyd could learn how to "effectively" defend a takedown or multiple takedowns. He's got to learn how to clinch, how to take leg shots, and he's not defending any takedowns if he can't stand on his lead leg.

I make the comparison's because I've practiced Judo for a couple of years and some BJJ. I know I can't just learn defense without learning to attack. It limits my game and makes it pointless. The offense threat enhances my defense.

This. Stay ready for "McGregor Beer" , "McGregor Fashion" , "McGregor Cologne" , "McGregor Glasses" etcetcetcetc

Just market some testicle-shaped candy called "Conor's Balls" and I bet it'll sell out on Sherdog

I reckon Conor would be totally willing to step in for an injured Khabib or Tony but the problem is I can't see UFC sanctioning it. Conor is such a valuable commodity that they aren't going to use him unless they have a lot of time to sell the fight to maximize profits.

I not call what Floyd did an ass whooping. Floyd does what Floyd does in a boxing fight and conor gassed out like he always does.
Oh it was an ass whooping. I d9nt think conor landed a single strike the last minute and a half of the fight

Oh it was an ass whooping. I d9nt think conor landed a single strike the last minute and a half of the fight

that what floyd does in a boxing ring. he will always be the best defencsice fighter in history.

Back