Conditioning 100 years ago

Was reading about Greco origins and this guy had a 8 hour match I don't see how

I think its possible they pace themselves. Kind of like marathon running vs a sprint . I think in modern times its more of a sprint in mma boxing etc.

Was reading about Greco origins and this guy had a 8 hour match I don't see how
Obviously they've had to have breaks, different rules and/or they paced themselves differently.

It's not hard to imagine just watch some old UFC matches where there were no rounds or time limits. There was a lot of laying and stalling.

I'd say a big reason is there wasn't as much distraction, and they could focus mainly on training, instead of what was happening on Twitter, or Facebook.

check out these, they were buff as hell, and stronger than any modern human. They were born of gods not men.

that fight took place more than 3000 years ago.

check out these, they were buff as hell, and stronger than any modern human. They were born of gods not men.

that fight took place more than 3000 years ago.

Lies.

The world was black and white back then. All the authentic ancient footage is also black and white.

To be fair, the fights in those days were at an extremely slow pace.

Today, there are time limits in place to stop bouts from going on as long. Mainly down to entertainment purposes. Therefore, the combat athlete has adapted to fight hard for 15, 25, or 36 minutes at max rather than fight at a steady pace for 2 hours.

Over the years, ultra distance endrance athlete's have achieved much better times and they have improved massively over 100 years. This is because the parameters have stayed the same within running, finish the race as soon as possible.

Idk man kids today are very weak compared to even 15 years ago kids suck so bad that now they let kids in little league baseball use big barrel bats that's insane lol kids don't throw as hard nor hit homeruns

Idk man kids today are very weak compared to even 15 years ago kids suck so bad that now they let kids in little league baseball use big barrel bats that's insane lol kids don't throw as hard nor hit homeruns
You tell 'em Florida man. They should be playing baseball while being chased by 'gators, like a real man.

Back