Condit said he got rocked by Demians GNP from half guard, gave up back b/c he didnt wanna get hit

It may suck for us as fans, but I actually respect when fighters can make that decision for themselves and walk away when they think the time has come. So many athletes in so many sports do not realize when the time has come to pull the plug. Carlos is a very smart guy, he knows far better than we do how he feels. The guy is the real deal with a storied career, that cannot be denied.

11:00

That Hobbie fight def took his chin out for good IMO. i dont wanna see his chin cracked and i have a feeling he will get knocked out in his next fight or the fight after if he sticks around.

Thank the MMA gods that Condit was finished. Keep him away from the title with his lame style

1zn517m.jpg

When you hear a fighter say that they aren't sure they can take shots any more, i think it's smart that he retires.

It really wasn't sad. He sounded very comfortable with it. Very reflective and honest, not sad.
I feel like he isn't giving himself enough credit though. He almost beat Hobbie and really anyone could get mauled by Maia the way he did. Look at Magney, a promising up and comer who smashed by Maia.

Thank the MMA gods that Condit was finished. Keep him away from the title with his lame style

Didn't we have this conversation a few days ago?

And you pretended not to be a Condit hater?

Lol

If you don't like Condit and you don't appreciate his career, you suck.

Perhaps best grappler in the sport can land solid GnP......shocking stuff.

Personally bit disappointed, maia looked awesome but i wanted more of a fight.

Didn't we have this conversation a few days ago?

And you pretended not to be a Condit hater?

Lol

If someone says Condit has a lame style why would you expect anything sensible from them???

Demian "Hands of Stone" Maia

LOL he's like the ultimate opposite of Roberto Duran both in terms of fighting and in terms of character

Btw if there's one boxer who had the perfect style to transition to MMA it's the prime Roberto Duran. Prime Duran was beyond brutal

Just hewatched the last round and no he didnt lol

Shouldn't it be "Just hewatched the last hound ..."? Come on man, be consistent with the h's. ;)

I'm a huge Condit fan and hope he fights a few more times before he retires.

People are going a bit overboard. A guy that has never been knocked out admitted to being a bit rocked, and now he needs to hang 'em up because his chin is shot??

It's more so the fact that he himself said he doesn't know if he has taken too much damage over his career and he doesn't know if he can keep taking more damage.

11:00

That Hobbie fight def took his chin out for good IMO. i dont wanna see his chin cracked and i have a feeling he will get knocked out in his next fight or the fight after if he sticks around.

That was a McConoresque way of loosing a fight

It's more so the fact that he himself said he doesn't know if he has taken too much damage over his career and he doesn't know if he can keep taking more damage.
I agree that if he says he's done, he's done. It just seems like there are a lot of people that are overreacting to him saying that he got rocked, like the next punch he takes is going to do some horrible damage. He's been in some wars, but there's plenty of fighters that have been knocked out cold many times, and they are doing just fine.

Back