Condit said he got rocked by Demians GNP from half guard, gave up back b/c he didnt wanna get hit

I had a bad feeling before they walked out that Maia would drop him with a left straight or maybe even finish with sturikes, fact he got hurt by a sturike by Maia is sad

Its great for transitioning and he has pointy elbows (wood not bang) but Demian doesnt generate much power and someone with Condits chin shouldnt get rocked by that but his chin is prolly gone after the Hobbie fight
How many of Demian's shots have you taken, just curious? Fighters let him transition because it clearly hurts when he hits them.

Maia is probably my favorite fighter but I love Condit also. I hope Condit gets one more fight when he is ready and wins in spectacular fashion and sails off into the sunset like a legend.

Tyrone+Woodley+Punches+Carlos+Condit+UFC+171.gif

1st gif Woodley is like WTF

I don't think it is heart. He's been talking about how worried he is about permanent damage to his brain, I think he's just really scared of what might happen down the track if he takes more hits.

Condit probably should have had the title in his last fight before this one. I don't think he should retire. He was ranked #4 before this fight. He should get a bottom of the top 10 level guy.

I felt sad when he said he doesn't belong in there anymore.

condit is one of those guys that has been in enough wars to earn any ones respect - even keyboard warriors. he should have nothing to feel bad about. much respect.

Maia rocked Brown on the feet a couple of times in the last round of their fight, he has power.

Sucks to see that happen to Condit.. I will always have mad respect for that guy. Hope he doesn't retire

I felt sad when he said he doesn't belong in there anymore.

I think it's much sadder when guys deny it like Chuck did. Carlos can stop now, he's made plenty of money, provided he did some saving and didn't blow it all, and he's still a young guy. He can transition into another career, possibly stunt work or fight choreography and he'll be fine.

Mad respect to Maia , I made a thread a whiles back with a poll who would be WW Champ in a year and admittedly wrongfully did not include him. That being said, condit has been one of my favorite fighters ever, hope he figures of what is best for him

I'm fucking gutted. I haven't been this sad after a loss since I watched Jones kill Shogun live.

Looks like the punch from Maia he's talking about was when the round timer hits 3:49 left in the round. Solid right from Maia

Yeah, it bounced Condit's head off the canvas for sure.

There's no way that punch actually rocked him. i just rewatched and it's practically nothing.

yeah it seemed to me he took the Maia fight all of a sudden because nbk was like "oh a guy who doesn't hit hard, i'll fight him"
At this point I am ok with retirement one fun fight would be him schooling Nick Diaz that'd be great.

Diaz would hit him hard as well. Honestly it doesn't sound like his heart is in it anymore. During his countdown show he was even talking retirement

I think he's earned a nice life time to hang em up

Condit probably should have had the title in his last fight before this one. I don't think he should retire. He was ranked #4 before this fight. He should get a bottom of the top 10 level guy.
Condit vs Magny would be lit imo. Maybe even a rematch with post USADA-Hendricks

Back