Compare Khabib's grappling to Fedor's.

So Fedor beating the ever loving shit out of Big Nog didn't satisfy you because he didn't submit him?

Fedor had great judo and top position game. I think khabib was probably a little better from the bottom.

Please stop with the new breed of HW, been hearing that since I started watching mma for over 20+ yrs. Fedor combat sambo record was far better than khabib especially because it was at HW. They were slinging mma gloves.

Still amazed Fedor didn't get ko their and in mma he division for many years when he was in his prime.

Imagine if Fedor ran away from MMA at the same age of Khabib, and most of his losses would be wiped off his record. Also Fedor stood to bang with all of his opponents. Whereas Khabib just wanted to just lay on the mat and hug on his opponents. Khabib never had any real knock out power like Fedor did, so that another reason why he wanted to lay around on the ground with them. Whereas Fedor knew he could knock out those bigger guys.

Fedor had better subs from top or bottom. Khabib had better TDD and TD

GnP is equal

You can't really compare because they are different weight classes and their styles are very different. Usually bigger guys aren't as technically skilled as smaller guys. Khabib is a bigger guy in his division and Fedor was a smaller guy. They have different approaches towards grappling on the ground.

Fedor had better subs from top or bottom. Khabib had better TDD and TD

GnP is equal
Its harder to gauge subs from the bottom,Khabib has spent almost no time there. They both got skills there though.

For me Fedor is best because he often fighted much bigger guys. Grappling and winning against much much bigger guys is just another level. Everybody know that Khabib would never win against much bigger guys.

For me Fedor is best because he often fighted much bigger guys. Grappling and winning against much much bigger guys is just another level. Everybody know that Khabib would never win against much bigger guys.

Fedor was a stand up fighter most of the time. Khabib is way better grappler/wrestler. Khabib just dives right into the legs, holds & immobilize the opposition. While Fedor goes to the ground rarely.

Also Fedor was 230 lbs most of his career, just a typical heavyweight. Not 265 lbs like Brock but a decent sized like Cro Cop or Big Nog.

Last edited:
Fedor's grappling is shit. It was mostly good against cans he was fed en masse while in pride but failed him terribly as long as he faced real opposition. There lots of episodes that expose his fundamental lack of understanding of ground game.

Nurmagomedov is one of the best cage wrestlers in the sport. Still, we mostly saw his grappling against strikers from FW division.

I agree that Khabib is a better grappler. My point was just that this is MMA and that overall (grappling included) Fedor was best because he could integrate grappling so he could win against much bigger guys which i dont dont Khabib could. Maybe i was not precise enough when i wrote the first comment. Sorry

Back