Coming Soon - BJJ Rank Cloud Shirts - Jason Scully

jaysculls

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
3.5 hours left to get the BJJ Ranked Cloud shirts - www.RankedGear.com

Shirts now for sale at: www.RankedGear.com

I asked hundreds of BJJ players of all ranks what 5 SINGULAR WORDS best describes what it is like to be and experience EACH Brazilian Jiu Jitsu rank. These are all emotions, feelings, and experiences from BJJ practitioners around the world.

Then I collected each word that pertained to each rank and I created Rank Word Clouds that create the rank that each word represent. When you look at the BJJ Rank Cloud t-shirt from afar it looks like you are wearing a t-shirt with a plain symbol of a BJJ Rank (Either white, blue, purple, brown, or black) but as you get closer to it. You'll see that the actual BJJ rank is made up of the words, feelings, and emotions that grapplers all over the world experience when they are at that rank level.

It's a great way to represent BJJ, represent your rank, without the shirt screaming "Hey look at my tough looking shirt because I do BJJ!". Most people in the word don't know what the rank symbol means. But you do . And you understand the meaning behind the words that the rank represents as well.

It's a unique spin on a simple symbol. I may be a black belt in BJJ but I'm looking forward to wearing all of the ranks as I had to work my way up them and have for sure experienced most, if not all if the words that are on these shirts.

Sale for these shirts will start within the next couple of days. Below you can see examples of what they will look like along with what words represent each rank. Plus you'll see a blown up version of the Black Belt Rank Cloud. I'll provide larger version of the other rank clouds soon as well.

BJJ White Belt

1959958_10152115513494132_601274197_n.jpg

BJJ Blue Belt

10004007_10152115513504132_1177514724_n.jpg

BJJ Purple Belt

1604391_10152115513484132_2076560534_n.jpg

BJJ Brown Belt

10003504_10152115513474132_1211687119_n.jpg

BJJ Black Belt

1982206_10152115513489132_777282053_n.jpg

Zoomed In Example of BJJ Black Belt Rank Cloud

1970833_10152115513464132_918984715_n.jpg

Hope you guys like them

Jason Scully

Last edited:
Very cool idea. I'd probably get one if the shirts were very soft cotton.

Yes, the shirts will be high quality and soft. No generic Gildan brand shirts

Whatever the IBJJF uses for their tournament shirts I like. They are thin, but very comfortable and frankly most people won't wear a rank shirt below their rank so unless you're a black belt you're probably only looking at wearing one for 2-3 years so long term durability isn't a huge issue.

Whatever the IBJJF uses for their tournament shirts I like. They are thin, but very comfortable and frankly most people won't wear a rank shirt below their rank so unless you're a black belt you're probably only looking at wearing one for 2-3 years so long term durability isn't a huge issue.

What's interesting is that even though I'm making these shirts so it makes more sense for me to wear any rank because I'm bias I'm looking forward to wearing the white belt rank the most.

Mainly because that's where it all started so I'd def wear a white belt rank if it was someone else selling these even though I'm a black belt :)

Lol, Wouldn't be a tshirt thread without Uchi talking about very soft cotton.

Lol, Wouldn't be a tshirt thread without Uchi talking about very soft cotton.

lol...I like the soft shirts too...can't promise they'll be as soft as IBJJF but they won't be generic hanes, or gildan, or 50/50 shirts

lol...I like the soft shirts too...can't promise they'll be as soft as IBJJF but they won't be generic hanes, or gildan, or 50/50 shirts

A very soft cotton tshirt is one of those great luxuries of life. The man's got his priorities straight. lol

Shirts look cool btw. Inspired by lulu? :p

would be cooler if the "belt" was bigger so you could see the words....maybe have it wrap around the back to the front, with the two hanging pieces of the belt also made up by words? Or, just have the belt go vertically up/down...either way would make it bigger and more readable imo. Cool how it is though

nice shirt Scullz

You know i want one...

I like it a lot. Nice design. Can we see close ups of the other ranks too?

would be cooler if the "belt" was bigger so you could see the words....maybe have it wrap around the back to the front, with the two hanging pieces of the belt also made up by words? Or, just have the belt go vertically up/down...either way would make it bigger and more readable imo. Cool how it is though

The words will be readable in person and in real life lol...they aren't very readable on the images because of the size the image is scaled. But people will be able to read the words for sure when they are standing in front of you. From far away they won't be able to read them well unless they have superman eyesight.

For some reason only the Brown belt shirt and the zoom on the Black belt shirt pics come up. The rest of the pics are x's. Anyone else have this problem?

For some reason only the Brown belt shirt and the zoom on the Black belt shirt pics come up. The rest of the pics are x's. Anyone else have this problem?

All show well for me

Back