Comic book movie villains suck

My personal favorite comic movie villain:
tumblr_n94m46rcg11rvzbdgo1_250.gif

YES.

tumblr_mlfj7bwEXN1qmqh7go1_500.gif

NO.

Also, Joker is an obvious choice in this discussion.

This. And Alfred Molina was awesome as Doc Otto Octavius in the sequel which is largely why the first 2 Raimi Spider-Man movies are still the best imo.

Other than that, yes, I most definitely agree, lame villains are the main issue with most superhero movies.... even the otherwise good ones.

Dr. Doom could be, but they can't even make a decent F4 movie, so there's little hope there.

I think most of the MCU villains are fine in their roles. Most aren't there to be the main threat. They serve their purpose (the movies are more focused on the heroes) as the MCU continues to build towards their real villain, Thanos. I hope they don't make him disappointing in the 2 movies.

Venom's ok. Red venom was cool too

Sabertooth had decent lines sometimes

Punisher technically counts

Hulk is evil a lot and manages to be interesting with barely any dialogue

Deadpool sort of

They need to stop making villains who want to destroy the world. Not only is it predictable but it's unrelatable.

All the best villains kind of make you want to root for them. Their origins are the most tragic, their motivations are the most fleshed out (compared to just "preserving the status quo" or "doing good") and they get the best lines.

If it wasn't for the fact the hero is opposed to them, you might actually agree with them.

heath ledger as the joker and hiddleston as loki are both good.

Came here to say Joker and Loki.

Massive oversight by the OP.

Ozymandias was another good villain from The Watchmen.

Last edited:
Comic book movies suck*

Venom's ok. Red venom was cool too

Sabertooth had decent lines sometimes

Punisher technically counts

Hulk is evil a lot and manages to be interesting with barely any dialogue

Deadpool sort of
I actually did like Sabretooth in that Wolverine :Origins movie. That had potential. They should have stuck with that story for a bit. It's a good contrast to see the beast and the man that Wolverine is trying to keep balanced.

Dr, Manhattan is another good one.

Back