Comic Book Discussion Thread V.17

81UcHc3heHL.jpg

They modeled it after him for a comic

And heres a sick commission he did

008.JPG

For anyone that cares Garth ennis is returning for a Punisher story Platoon
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMDMvNDUwL29yaWdpbmFsL1B1bmlzaGVyX1RoZVBsYXRvb25fMV9iLmpwZz8xNTAwMzg3ODky.jpg

Also the tie ins for DC metal and the evil batmans are fucking awesome.

Afu Chan might be one of my favorites now
main_streetfight2012.jpg

Gotta look for more of his

Cool take on Batman. Joker gets really smart and Batman becomes the bad guy.

Batman: White Knight.

It's on 1st issue right now. Artwork is amazing as well.

BMWK_Cv1-720x1092.jpg

Cool take on Batman. Joker gets really smart and Batman becomes the bad guy.

Batman: White Knight.

It's on 1st issue right now. Artwork is amazing as well.

BMWK_Cv1-720x1092.jpg

I came in here to talk about this comic. Just read the first issue. Very well written

God Complex: Dogma

Is very intriguing new image comic. Only one issue has been released and if you like sci fi this one maybe for you.
GodComplex1_cvr_1_356_540.jpg

Tsukuyomi-collage.jpg

Apollo-collage.jpg

‘In the futuristic city of Delphi, a young digital-forensics investigator named Seneca finds himself embroiled in the bizarre murders of three church acolytes. Guided by his cryptic mentor, the Ruler named Hermes, Seneca uncovers a stunning conspiracy and a mystery that will turn his entire world upside down. From writer PAUL JENKINS (Inhumans, Wolverine: Origin) and artist HENDRY PRASETYA (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers) comes a unique vision of a digital future powered by mythological gods.’

https://thechicocomicspage.wordpress.com/2017/10/09/review-god-complex-dogma-1/

The Realm: Image comics

is another good book that just came out. Its more of a apocalyptic fantasy book.

Realm-01_cvrB.jpg

Realm-01_cvrA.jpg

realm-03_cvrA.jpg

Fifteen years ago, our world was overrun by creatures of myth; orcs, dragons, and other nameless horrors threw the entire planet into total chaos. Today, the shattered remnants of civilization must fight just to survive in a deadly new era of violence and mayhem. While a powerful sorcerer marshals his forces, a group of warriors embark on a journey to reclaim our world from the growing darkness. An all new post-apocalyptic high-fantasy adventure series from co-creators SETH M. PECK (X-Men) and JEREMY HAUN (THE BEAUTY) featuring colors by NICK FILARDI and letters by THOMAS MAUER.

https://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/image-comics/realm/1

heres some cool things out of the evil batman comics

There almost a bunch of what if comics(elseworlds) of how batman became evil. Every single one has been very good. Thats alfred
REVIEW_BATMAN-MURDER-MACHINE_IMAGE-1.png

batman-death-machine-cyborg-death-1024906.jpg

Dawn breaker
STL057116-2.jpg

This was awesome
how-batman-became-the-dawnbreaker-1.jpg

Red death
464df65ddac7acbe45f9784eac5f3be8f6fc579e_hq.jpg

latest

Just bought the Simonson Omnibus for the upcoming Thor movie. Finishing Hickman's Secret Warriors run and Avengers Omnibus.
61VE1ImH6xL.jpg

Marvel also put out a few new Omnibi for Thor's co-star with...
MAR171138.jpg

Collects FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) #533-535, INCREDIBLE HULK (2000) #88-105, GIANT-SIZE HULK (2006) #1, WHAT IF? PLANET HULK, PLANET HULK: GLADIATOR GUIDEBOOK and material from NEW AVENGERS: ILLUMINATI (2006) #1 and AMAZING FANTASY (2004) #15
APR171130.jpg

Collects WORLD WAR HULK PROLOGUE: WORLD BREAKER, WORLD WAR HULK #1-5, INCREDIBLE HULK (2000) #106-111, IRON MAN (2005) #19-20, AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE #4-5, IRREDEEMABLE ANT-MAN #10, WORLD WAR HULK: X-MEN #1-3, GHOST RIDER (2006) #12-13, HEROES FOR HIRE (2006) #11-15, PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL (2007) #12, WORLD WAR HULK: GAMMA CORPS #1-4, WORLD WAR HULK: FRONT LINE #1-6, WORLD WAR HULK: AFTERSMASH ONE-SHOT, WORLD WAR HULK AFTERSMASH: DAMAGE CONTROL #1-3, WORLD WAR HULK AFTERSMASH: WARBOUND #1-5 and PLANET HULK SAGA

DC is killing it right now with the Oz Effect arcs and the Metal stories. These Dark Batmen are crazy awesome.

DC is killing it right now with the Oz Effect arcs and the Metal stories. These Dark Batmen are crazy awesome.

oz has been pretty good and yes DC is fucking killing it. Marvel is a so gimmicky right now

Other pics from my time
WpM07LV.jpg

2LK5ShI.jpg

Batman in the middle was only 110
b1vl4Lu.jpg

p3lhqZL.jpg

6DEpIBB.jpg

UTqUnH2.jpg

Thhis was a new painting ross d id they wer e gauging interrest on to see if they should produce lithographs. For sure they will be made. Couldnt get a pic without fucking glare

elrOEmy.jpg

The fucking detail on this

dNnr3aF.jpg

R3vDobw.jpg

VjJNkga.jpg

VYqyrwO.jpg

Ren and stimpy creator
reMtcbo.jpg

Some guy

C4o4l9a.jpg

Nooligan
QX8sRrM.jpg

Jg jones. Hes amazing. 700 a commission though
4pJgFji.jpg
Awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing.

heres some cool things out of the evil batman comics

There almost a bunch of what if comics(elseworlds) of how batman became evil. Every single one has been very good. Thats alfred
REVIEW_BATMAN-MURDER-MACHINE_IMAGE-1.png

batman-death-machine-cyborg-death-1024906.jpg

Dawn breaker
STL057116-2.jpg

This was awesome
how-batman-became-the-dawnbreaker-1.jpg

Red death
464df65ddac7acbe45f9784eac5f3be8f6fc579e_hq.jpg

latest
They're like dark universes in which Batman wasn't able to overcome certain aspects of his personality.

i'm subscribed to two image series at the moment. i had been subscribed to brandon graham's fantastic anthology series Island:
Island_01-1.png

but because it ended before my subscription ran out i was able to pick up a couple others with the credit i had left over.

Kill the Minotaur:
sort of a reimagining of the theseus vs. the minotaur myth. i guess it's sort of in the horror genre of comics, and is certainly gory. the art is decent, and the writing is good at times, but the dialogue is too anachronistic and could be better in general. theseus is also an unlikable main character.
KillTheMinotaur_01-1.png

Head Lopper:
great conan-style sword and sorcery adventure. love the humor, and the writing overall is fantastic. some might be turned off by the more simplistic, cartoonish art style, but i think it works great. the first TPB is out, collecting the first four issues (the first story arc) and i highly recommend it. it reminds me of Orc Stain, another fantastic series that i desperately wish would come back.
HeadLopper_01-1.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back