Comedians that you just don't get why people think they are funny

Norm McDonald

I still don't get him. Was he ironically trying to be unfunny and that is what made him funny? Or is he playing a character of an unfunny comedian? If so, why did he never go out of character?

I find it wild that basically ALL comics have him pegged as a genius.

I think 99% of standup comedy is unfunny and cringe.
Of the popular ones I would say George Carlin was not funny. Not in a bad way though, when I watch him I usually think to myself "Why are people laughing, that grumpy old man is just spitting facts". Provocative and thought-inducing, but not really funny.

Wtf? Pryor is one of the goats

For me it's ( off the top of the head)

Dane cook
Any schumer
Jeff Dunham
Larry the cable guy
Are you suggesting Amy Schumer who never once said anything funny is better then Pryor?

I can't stand Kevin Hart...the screaming, he talks too fast...he's just not funny to me. I checked him out after watching this bit but his comedy does nothing to me.

Hot take: I don't think Patrice O'Neal's stand up is that funny. He keeps being mentioned as one of the GOATS due to him roasting everyone in media appearances and saying edgy shit. But his actual standup is meh IMO.

Louis CK is the shit. Dice Clay, Chappelle, Burr, etc.

I think it's hard to have consistently good material forever though. Yea Shane Gillis is the man of the moment but will he still be good 10 years, 20 years from now?

Norm McDonald

I still don't get him. Was he ironically trying to be unfunny and that is what made him funny? Or is he playing a character of an unfunny comedian? If so, why did he never go out of character?

If you don't think that's funny, idk what to tell you.

Edit: of course it's age restricted. 🙄

Pete Davidson
Steve Harvey
Cedric the entertainer
Bernie Mac
DL Hueley
Joe rogan
Theo von
Jerry Seinfeld
Larry David
DL Huegly had a great show with come on home with. That was some funny standup right there. The joke about being drunk waiting for a stop to turn green was hilarious.

I don't care for stand up comedy, it feels too forced to me with the exception of Artie Lange's "It's the Whiskey Talking" is one of the funniest things Ive ever seen.

My buddy is obsessed with this stupid podcast with some comics I've never heard of called "Legion of Skanks"? It's horrible and I even got forced into watching some of their stand up shows and it was the most unentertaining thing ive ever heard. I don't get it.

Jerry Seinfeld, loved his show but comedy not so much.

Same Joe Rogan don't care for comedy but love his podcast.
Fuck yeah. Jerry Seinfeld is the worst comedian I’ve ever seen. I have no idea how he could be so unfunny, so nutless, and so corny, and somehow be a “legendary comedian.”

I have heard one or two bits of his I thought were relatively funny. But they weren’t great.

Norm McDonald

Much of his material is anti-comedy, which people who do comedy for a living find hilarious. Sometimes he'll tell a long, meandering story only to end it with a dad joke. And that's the joke.

He also did dark humor very well. I find this fucking hilarious. He's doing an obvious parody of Marlo Brando, which makes you want to laugh, but he's also calling attention to real horrific events in American history. Everything Johnny Two Feathers said was accurate and stated seriously. He's making the celebrities in the audience laugh at a tragedy that they shouldn't be laughing at as privileged wealthy Americans. Its a genius troll:

And then sometimes he's just improvising shit and coming up with hilarious bits on the spot:

Chapelle. Have not enjoyed his last two comedy specials (haven't gotten around to watching the latest one yet). Just.......not that funny.

Jim Jeffries on the other hand.......hands down IMO one of the best stand up comedians in decades. I literally cry when I watch his show, I'm laughing so hard. Saw him live in 2022, and he did not disappoint.

Jim jefferies is honestly my personal favourite.

Legit was one of my favourite shows of all time.

Also an extremely friendly guy over the couple times I met and talked to him.

Back