Comcast has confirmed FS1 for all of their customers!

Went back to dish just for fuel, and free HD. Then I find out that FS1 is gonna replace Speed.

Then I find out, Speed channel is part of the sports package, which is an additional 15 bucks.

Fuck you Dish/UFC/FOX.

I already had Comcast, and I can't switch again you D bags.

Seriously? That's awesome. Been having to watch Fox Deportes to see Fuel fights. Now I can finally watch them in english! I wonder if it just cuts over for everyone on August 17th? That seems to be what they're saying.

Dope

Didn't Comcast already carry Speed (the channel that is being converted to Fox Sports 1)? So they're basically saying they're guaranteeing a channel that you already have.

Didn't Comcast already carry Speed (the channel that is being converted to Fox Sports 1)? So they're basically saying they're guaranteeing a channel that you already have.

There was some dispute about Fox wanting more money and the Cable companies threatening to not carry the channel

You'd think it would just be that simple, but in changing the station they used it as a chance to renegotiate the carrage deal (fees per subscriber). These deals often get finished just days before the official launch.

In this case distributors (dish/comcast/directv/etc) were paying about .23 cents per customer for speed, and FS1 is being offered at .80 cents, with increases to $1.50. That's why it was unsure if comcast users would get FS1.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/07/15/Media/FS1.aspx

Seriously? That's awesome. Been having to watch Fox Deportes to see Fuel fights. Now I can finally watch them in english! I wonder if it just cuts over for everyone on August 17th? That seems to be what they're saying.

Dope
I've been having to watch Fox Deportes as well, shit gets seriously old.

Went back to dish just for fuel, and free HD. Then I find out that FS1 is gonna replace Speed.

Then I find out, Speed channel is part of the sports package, which is an additional 15 bucks.

Fuck you Dish/UFC/FOX.

Dish just fucked you in your asshole

I've been having to watch Fox Deportes as well, shit gets seriously old.

Often when I keyword search UFC on the DVR, Fox Deportes is where they show a newer and wider selection of UFC event replays while American FUEL TV gets the same UFC 68 re-runs.

They are really stingy with putting new UFC events into the UFC Reloaded rotation.

What about Fox Sports 2?
Still gonna miss out on UFC content since I dont get Fuel/FS2

Fuck you Dish/UFC/FOX.

Should have gotten DirecTV.

Is that good news for Americans

Wut, this actually confirms the exact opposite of what you put in the thread title. This confirms that you must buy the sports package in order to receive FS1 (just like FUEL TV), therefore most people with Comcast won't have this channel. I'll have to stream it just like the Fuel shows. All Comcast users had Fox, all DO NOT HAVE Fs1.

Back