Social Colin Kaepernick Named Face of Nike's 30th Anniversary "Just Do It" Campaign

Good choice by Nike?

• Total voters
I'm not ready to get on board with this idea that the NFL is colluding against Colin, or the notion that they're doing it for racist reasons. There were some teams that were willing to sign him, but not for the money that he was asking for. And the truth his, Colin hasn't proved him self to be worthy of a starting job as of recent. He hasn't been good since Harbaugh was in SF. When he played last, his numbers were mediocre at best. And as we all know, the NFL is a "What have you done form me lately" league.

And tbh, there's questions to be asked about how much Colin is committed to playing football as opposed to being an activist, because the NFL doesn't seem to allow for people doing both. The same happened with guys like Brendon Ayanbadejo and Chris Kluwe. Once they started coming out in support of LGBT rights, they got booted from the league and were never heard from again. It's understandable, because GMs that care about winning games want players that are focused on the sport, and not distracted with outside influences.

I'm not ready to get on board with this idea that the NFL is colluding against Colin, or the notion that they're doing it for racist reasons. There were some teams that were willing to sign him, but not for the money that he was asking for. And the truth his, Colin hasn't proved him self to be worthy of a starting job as of recent. He hasn't been good since Harbaugh was in SF. When he played last, his numbers were mediocre at best. And as we all know, the NFL is a "What have you done form me lately" league.

And tbh, there's questions to be asked about how much Colin is committed to playing football as opposed to being an activist, because the NFL doesn't seem to allow for people doing both. The same happened with guys like Brendon Ayanbadejo and Chris Kluwe. Once they started coming out in support of LGBT rights, they got booted from the league and were never heard from again. It's understandable, because GMs that care about winning games want players that are focused on the sport, and not distracted with outside influences.
i think the answer is simple. his abilities do not offset the circus he would bring. bottom line is if he is only good enough to be a backup, he certainly isnt worth the trouble. imagine.....

"Coach Gruden, tough loss tonight.....tell me, what were your thoughts about Kaepernick kneeling during the anthem?"

or

"Coach Tomlin, what do you think about the socks Colin was wearing tonight?"

nobody wants to put up with that

For the worthless anecdotal, ran into my neighbor grabbing mail this morning. A Vietnam vet and bronze star recipient, and he went off about Kaepernick and anthem protests when I mentioned football starting up again tomorrow as casual small talk lol

So the whole "I fought for their right to protest!" Isnt as held by the old timers from what I've seen. This guy mentioned about they're just playing a game and are on the job and that shouldn't be when the protesting is as its disrespectful

So the whole "I fought for their right to protest!" Isnt as held by the old timers from what I've seen. This guy mentioned about they're just playing a game and are on the job and that shouldn't be when the protesting is as its disrespectful

This gave me a headache. This sentence is horribly structured my man.

This gave me a headache. This sentence is horribly structured my man.

41uNwRVbTtL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

I've actually noticed a bit of rustling of people over this, IRL. One of them insisted to me that the flag and the anthem can't be symbolic of America's problems. I found that to be one particularly disturbing. As if the flag doesn't wave over a guy shooting up in the alley, too.

I've actually noticed a bit of rustling of people over this, IRL. One of them insisted to me that the flag and the anthem can't be symbolic of America's problems. I found that to be one particularly disturbing. As if the flag doesn't wave over a guy shooting up in the alley, too.

The flag also waves over a former, multi-millionaire NFL quarter back who takes millions of dollars from a company that profits from exploitation and oppression while pretending to stand in solidarity with the oppressed.

God Bless America!

tumblr_m8385xXEiT1r270ozo1_250.gif

20130711_024144_E-072213-COVERPROMO3A.jpg

dibiase_288x288.jpg

Nike is winning.

The limited edition New Orleans nikes are dropping this weekend and I'm legit trying to pay someone fitty dollars to camp out for them. They're sexy.

Did people really in their hearts think Nike was going to lose this because a couple angry old white people burned their socks?

Boycott Nike: Trump Refuses to Join in Because Nike Is a Tenant and Pays 'a Lot of Rent'
hose who expected to see President Donald Trump at the forefront of the campaign against Nike were left disappointed as the president delivered a surprisingly mellow rebuke of the sporting apparel giant.

Nike unveiled Colin Kaepernick as one of the faces of its 30th anniversary “Just Do It” campaign, prompting harsh criticism from a number of political commentators and Nike customers, who have accused the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback of showing disrespect to the flag when he chose to kneel during the national anthem in 2016.

While Trump criticized the campaign, he also said the company was one of his main tenants. "I think it's a terrible message and a message that shouldn't be sent," he told The Daily Caller when asked about the campaign. "There's no reason for it." But, the president explained, Nike was a tenant of his, and "they pay a lot of rent."

Nike’s flagship store was located on a site owned by Trump next to Trump Tower in New York City. But the location has since closed, and in 2017 Nike, which is based in Oregon, announced it would open a new shop on Fifth Avenue by the end of this year.
<Oku02><YayKpop>

LOL at anybody dumb enough to believe this man ever cared about anything else.

Back