Colby tried to make a splash but the MMA community gave him the finger..

Whats going on here? He weighed in as the surprise back up but that didnt make much of a dent at all... Burns and Belal scheduled a 5 rounder so that probably means winner is getting the next ts.

What determines who actually pops with fans?

Why is conor mcgregor the most famous mma fighter of all time meanwhile an american who proudly represents his country gets blasted?
I just hope the winner or Burns v Belal gets the shot in Abu Dhabi. But what's that about shitting in one hand and hoping in the other?

Colby isn't the draw he thinks he is. He got the title shot in exchange for dropping the lawsuit against Masvidal.

Most non casual fans don't like that he is being gifted a third title shot in his last 4 fights when he's 2-2 in his last 4 fights, hasn't had a winning streak in 5 years and hasn't beaten anyone that wasn't already on a 2 fight losing streak in 5 years.

I hope Burns vs Belal is a great fight and the winner gets the next title shot instead of Colby.

WTF are you talking about? Colby never filed a lawsuit against Masvidal. There was never a lawsuit for him to drop. There are criminal charges against Jorge that are ongoing. And Colby could not 'drop' those if he wanted to. All he could do is refuse to cooperate with the prosecutors. But he never sued Jorge.

But you are right that non-casual fans think it's BS getting a 3rd shot he has most definitely not earned.

WTF are you talking about? Colby never filed a lawsuit against Masvidal. There was never a lawsuit for him to drop. There are criminal charges against Jorge that are ongoing. And Colby could not 'drop' those if he wanted to. All he could do is refuse to cooperate with the prosecutors. But he never sued Jorge.

But you are right that non-casual fans think it's BS getting a 3rd shot he has most definitely not earned.
Colby was claiming he had brain damage from Masvidal jumping him, he might not have filed the paperwork but there was no reason to pretend he had brain damage unless he was in the process of suing Masvidal.

Edit: there was a lawsuit, it has been dropped after Colby got the title shot offer.
Took less than 20 seconds of Google searching to find it. https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/new...vington-s-brain-injury-sports-lawyer-comments

I knew Conman when he was training with Gunnar in Iceland (I was living and training there at the time). His personality is 100% fake, i.e., not natural in any way, and he seems really, really, (like pathologically) insecure. Also, pre/2016 he behaved completely differently in person and in public. Colby exists because he saw Conman's lame schtick, and how many lame fans it attracted. And all in all it's worked pretty well for him.

Did you also run into BJ at the airport?

He has plenty of fans and even more haters. In the past couple months he’s been talked about as much as any fighter that hasnt recently fought.

He’s getting preferential treatment because the UFC deems him worthy. I’m inclined to take their word over the same 15 prominent left-leaning posters on sherdog who say the gimmick is stupid.

And let me say, I don’t care one way or the other about his gimmick, or anyone else’s. Chael was far better at it, and Conor was more exciting, but Colby has found a way to be relevant without fighting.

I think Colby should just go to the WWE.

He'll be on the small side there, but he could make a good living by playing a shit talking heel who only fights women for the intergender championship belt.

I tried to make a splash once but I got kicked out because they didn't allow nudity. It's basically the same thing with Colby.

Back