Colby tried to make a splash but the MMA community gave him the finger..

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Whats going on here? He weighed in as the surprise back up but that didnt make much of a dent at all... Burns and Belal scheduled a 5 rounder so that probably means winner is getting the next ts.

What determines who actually pops with fans?

Why is conor mcgregor the most famous mma fighter of all time meanwhile an american who proudly represents his country gets blasted?

I find both Colby and Conor to be way too corny. I do like their fights, though. Conor had a lot more success (two titles), had a more exciting fighting style, and was more brash/bombastic. I think the main difference is Conor has more natural charisma while Colby's persona is more put-on.

Didn't understand much

I might be in the minority, but I'm a fan of Colby's fights and I was looking forward to the stylistic matchup against Leon.

But with that new Burns/Belal booking, there's absolutely no way this fight makes sense

Colby is a boring fighter who has an cringeworthy schtick

Hopefully Burns or Belal wins in exciting fashion and UFC can let Colby stay on the shelf since he never wants to fight contenders

I find both Colby and Conor to be way too corny. I do like their fights, though. Conor had a lot more success (two titles), had a more exciting fighting style, and was more brash/bombastic. I think the main difference is Conor has more natural charisma while Colby's persona is more put-on.
Wouldn’t group these 2 together. Conor is a very exciting fighter in the octagon and his persona is natural, whereas Colby is the exact opposite.

Colby's biggest feat in MMA is going 0-2 against Usman.
Edwards just beat Usman back to back.

There really is no reason for Colby over more proven winners like Belal and Burns. It's not even like Edwards has shown he can beat Burns or Belal yet.

Whats going on here? He weighed in as the surprise back up but that didnt make much of a dent at all... Burns and Belal scheduled a 5 rounder so that probably means winner is getting the next ts.

Why is conor mcgregor the most famous mma fighter of all time meanwhile an american who proudly represents his country gets blasted?
Belal vs Burns decides who is after Colby

Colby isn't the draw he thinks he is. He got the title shot in exchange for dropping the lawsuit against Masvidal.

Most non casual fans don't like that he is being gifted a third title shot in his last 4 fights when he's 2-2 in his last 4 fights, hasn't had a winning streak in 5 years and hasn't beaten anyone that wasn't already on a 2 fight losing streak in 5 years.

I hope Burns vs Belal is a great fight and the winner gets the next title shot instead of Colby.

but that didnt make much of a dent at all
Nicely done.

Maybe because there are MMA fans that are not American..

Colby crossed the line mulitple times with the things he said therefore the general dislikement of his person.
Wearing a MAGA hat and waving a flag won't just resolve that.

Whats going on here? He weighed in as the surprise back up but that didnt make much of a dent at all... Why is conor mcgregor the most famous mma fighter of all time meanwhile an american who proudly represents his country gets blasted?

Is this a joke? lmao how low is your IQ my man?

Wouldn’t group these 2 together. Conor is a very exciting fighter in the octagon and his persona is natural, whereas Colby is the exact opposite.

I knew Conman when he was training with Gunnar in Iceland (I was living and training there at the time). His personality is 100% fake, i.e., not natural in any way, and he seems really, really, (like pathologically) insecure. Also, pre/2016 he behaved completely differently in person and in public. Colby exists because he saw Conman's lame schtick, and how many lame fans it attracted. And all in all it's worked pretty well for him.

All press isnt always good press, especially when it comes to being a PPV draw

Colby's schtick was ok at first and made me chuckle, but he never really developed his character beyond being a massive asshat. Childish narratives get old after a couple years, in the unfortunate case that you actually give them the benefit of the doubt to begin with.

In short, I hope Khamzat or the winner of Burns/Belal gets the next TS. Colby should fight Conor and then they should both call it a career. Throw Paddy and Jake Paul on that card too so we can keep all the fuckery in one place.

The fact that Colby’s weird ass persona and shtick that he performs with nervous and stuttery delivery, has actually gained him some kind of notoriety and fanbase, really shows you how the world is filled with easily manipulated simpletons.

Last edited:
Colby got the finger? Gee, imagine that.....

Back