Cody sucks as a coach

Belhammer

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Just watched the second episode, why isn't he in his fighters corner? TJ seems super into helping his fighters where as Cody is just there to yell at TJ. Two episodes in and I'm very impressed with TJ, not so much with Cody

Same here. TJ is a much better coach and also has much better control of his emotions compared to Cody.

He's still just a 25 year old kid. He's a champ but a lot of the fighers this season have more experience than him. I agree though. I'm impressed with TJ's dedication to the fighters on his team.

25th season of TUF and you guys still don't get it.

These fighters are not coaches. There just figure heads for the show.

Cody isn't a coach he's a fighter. He's doing the right thing by sitting back and letting the real coaches do there jobs.

Agreed, was impressed with how much attention TJ gave his fighter.

He sucks as a person as well, i didn't expect much from his coaching. Never thought i would be rooting for a snake in the grass, but go TJ!

the entire Team Alpha Fail looks like a bunch of little bitches that can't get over the fact that their boyfriend left them

I get the fact that he's a 25 year old fighter, but still that's no excuse. You're there for a reason, do it? I know if I was a fighter on Cody's team it would piss me off seeing him and Faber sitting in the stands rather than in my corner

didn't he explain why he was sitting out for most/some in the first episode?

Even though most "coaches" don't coach, they're still involved in some leading position, and as far as actual coaching, TJ seems to be doing a lot more of it or being more involved in it than Cody. It would be a statement, albeit a mostly meaningless one, to have the theme of this season be "TJ is a better coach than Cody" but if Cody is laying back and letting his own coaches take over, than the theme of "TJ is a better coach than Cody's coaches, (aka: TJ's former coaches)" would just be a disastrous message for TAM

Cool. Maybe TJ can get a coaching job after Cody takes his soul in the title fight

Even though most "coaches" don't coach, they're still involved in some leading position, and as far as actual coaching, TJ seems to be doing a lot more of it or being more involved in it than Cody. It would be a statement, albeit a mostly meaningless one, to have the theme of this season be "TJ is a better coach than Cody" but if Cody is laying back and letting his own coaches take over, than the theme of "TJ is a better coach than Cody's coaches, (aka: TJ's former coaches)" would just be a disastrous message for TAM

It wouldn't surprise me it that ended up being the case. I've heard TJ talk on The JRE and he really knows his shit on a theoretical level, he's not just a drill bot like many other fighters.

Just watched the second episode, why isn't he in his fighters corner? TJ seems super into helping his fighters where as Cody is just there to yell at TJ. Two episodes in and I'm very impressed with TJ, not so much with Cody

Super impressed with
TJ's hands on coaching this episode and strategy on the last by picking Urbina who he knew would struggle to make weight - if His team keeps winning -makes his move to Bang look good from a coaching standpoint

Cody seems like he's not that bright a guy

its probably better if he isn't in his fighters corner

Idk...but I'm glad toothless won

TJ is outclassing Cody with his coaching.

Picking overweight fighter to fight was smart.

And his last picks kicked ass of Cody's top picks using
TJ's nice gameplanning and coaching...

That's a fucking beatdown!

TJ is outclassing Cody with his coaching.

Picking overweight fighter to fight was smart.

And his last picks kicked ass of Cody's top picks using
TJ's nice gameplanning and coaching...

That's a fucking beatdown!
Snake tactics are underhanded, but undeniably effective.

Not everyone is cut out to coach

His bigger issue is he picked the worst of the bunch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back