Cleveland Indians will change logo, says it's racist and offensive | Page 6

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by 10000 Days, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Michaelangelo Genetic Jackhammer

Michaelangelo
    should put General Custer up on the logo next

[​IMG]

2. fonzob1 Yellow Card

fonzob1
    {<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

3. Zanatos333 Purple Belt

Zanatos333
    I think I'm just emotionally stunted. I don't understand being offended. Every time I hear someone claim that they are offended, I think of a little kid whining to their mom about being called a butt head. If you get in an argument at a bar and someone calls you an asshole, are your feeling hurt? Do you go home and try to fall asleep but can't because someone called you a bad name?

Gregolian likes this.
  4. JudoThrowFiasco Charming Quark

JudoThrowFiasco
    this is the correct response.

10000 Days and TeTe like this.
  5. Kraysla Brown Belt

Kraysla
    Lame pussies? The Native Americans had their land stolen, were massacred, enslaved, and almost had their entire culture wiped out and you three are mad because they asked that these teams not use mascots and/or names that they find offensive to what little they have left of their dignity? Really? Washington is still using Redskins and you can't see why that might be offensive? White men named these teams and the majority of the Natives don't like it and asked that they stop, but there are still teams that won't. It's white people in power still making decisions for them and their culture. They have the right to be mad, you three don't.

6. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    Im not mad, ya big baby.

But yes I do think theres a lot of pussies who get offended by everything. Im sorry that hurts your feelings.

7. Kraysla Brown Belt

Kraysla
    That's a cop out and didn't address my rebuttal to your original post. We're specifically talking about Native Americans and some sports franchises refusal to change what they find to be demeaning logos or nicknames. Your response to the OP was "the pussification of America continues." What's so pussy about Natives wanting to be respected after everything that has happened to them?

Edit: It's rhetorical. Don't bother responding. You can go posture with the dropouts in the Heavies, rough stuff.

8. fonzob1 Yellow Card

fonzob1
    What a complete fucking sham. There was a time when American Indians commonly referred to Caucasians as "white skins" and American Indians as "red skins." Even to this day, there is a high school on an Indian reservation that uses the same mascot as the Washington NFL team "Redskins" because most American Indians do not consider the word offensive (and instead take pride in it). The people who claim it is offensive have learned that they can control others easily by crying "racism." That is all it is...

9. PUO3 You are a can.

PUO3
    Do you really think its Native Americans pushig this? Lol.

Should we change the Fighting Irish too?

fonzob1 likes this.