Chuck swears that he would've KOd Jon Jones, but admits that he couldn't stand with Rumble

Dude, this podcast episode is over two years old. This isn't "news".

Prime Chuck would get destroyed by both of them.

Rumble was outstruck by Koscheck. Rumble was good at LHW but he didn't face many strikers comparable to chuck. He has become very overrated.

I like Rumble but Chuck in his prime end him IMO.
AA better striker than Chuck.

Like Nog (who has spent years in the Pan American boxing circuit) better striker than Chuck.

Gus is a better striker than Chuck.

Chuck's best attributes were his power, unorthodox striking angles, and his length.

Against Rumble:
he's not going punch for punch with Rumble.
He's not longer than Rumble.

Rumble throws straight punches so those weird looping punches is just going to get him knocked out.

Styles make fights, that I agree with Chuck. And I wouldn't say that a Prime Liddell is an easy fight for anyone.

Timestamped

On a prime vs prime fight with Jon Jones: "I still think that if he fought someone like me in my prime, he'd have a lot of trouble. He doesn't have enough power to hurt me, he's not gonna outwrestle me, and I hit too hard for him. I would catch him sooner or later. Styles make fights."

On a prime vs prime fight with Rumble Johnson: "Here's the thing, I'm a good wrestler. Looking at him, I mean....even though that's not like the way I like to fight, I would HAVE to take him down. I mean....that's the way it would have to be."

If jones can take Bader down, he can and would take down chuck...randy took down chuck...and if rich franklin ko'd chuck, I think Jones would much easier.

The game isn't evolving much at LHW or HW, the top 10 from 10 years ago has more depth than current day.

LHW is flatter than piss on a plate compared to ten years ago. Kind of crazy how much it’s changed.

Jones destroys Chuck and the last version of Rumble we saw KOs Chuck.

No disrespect to legends, but some of them need to stop talking knowing they can't do anything about it.

The fighting game evolves at a crazy rate. It's not like the NBA where a guy like Michael Jordan could beat a lot of the players today. These fighters are stronger, faster, and smarter than a lot of older legends.

if that's true, than why is Arlovski still in the top 10 and beating a lot of younger guys? why is Werdum still in the top 5?

when you say it's so evolved, it sounds like you think journeymen from today could beat Chuck's ass. you think the likes of Sam Alvey, Corey Anderson, Mischa Cirkunov, Ion Cutelaba, or Jimi Manuwa would beat a prime Chuck? i don't.

remember when Chuck Liddell beat up Vitor Belfort when he was huge and juiced up in 2002? and then remember what a juiced up Vitor did to Jon Jones on short notice? and what he did to the top MWs in the world IN 2013????

how many people would've said Vitor is an idiot if he said before the Jones fight, "I think i can submit Jon Jones with an armbar, i know i'm a striker, but i think i can armbar him."

people like you would be calling him an idiot, because there's no evidence that say he can. but there's also no evidence that says he CAN'T.

the truth is, you don't know if Jones would destroy him, and the fact that Chuck said he'd have trouble with Rumble further solidifies for me, that he's not delusional. he could never beat Rampage and Rumble is a better version of Rampage. he's not stupid, he understands his weaknesses.

Timestamped

On a prime vs prime fight with Jon Jones: "I still think that if he fought someone like me in my prime, he'd have a lot of trouble. He doesn't have enough power to hurt me, he's not gonna outwrestle me, and I hit too hard for him. I would catch him sooner or later. Styles make fights."

On a prime vs prime fight with Rumble Johnson: "Here's the thing, I'm a good wrestler. Looking at him, I mean....even though that's not like the way I like to fight, I would HAVE to take him down. I mean....that's the way it would have to be."

Didn't we already see Jones beat the breaks off Liddell 2.0 in Glover? Problem is Chuck in his prime wouldn't be able to get through Gus to get to Jones.

I honestly believe that Chuck in his prime would have knocked Jones out. I have never thought that Jones was all that great. Everything is about matchups and Jones style was a bad matchup for the people that he faced. Chucks style would have been horrible for Jones. Just my opinion. I may be the only person that hasn't really been impressed with him. I will give him credit for the 2nd Cormier fight. That's his best performance to date in my eyes. Rumbles style would have been the end for Chuck. Lol

AA better striker than Chuck.

Like Nog (who has spent years in the Pan American boxing circuit) better striker than Chuck.

Gus is a better striker than Chuck.

Chuck's best attributes were his power, unorthodox striking angles, and his length.

Against Rumble:
he's not going punch for punch with Rumble.
He's not longer than Rumble.

Rumble throws straight punches so those weird looping punches is just going to get him knocked out.

AA is not a better striker than chuck,

Why was this wastelanded? Nevermind, I see it’s 2 years old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back