Chuck Norris says he mounted Helio Gracie **WITH SOURCE**

This. He was already a BB in Judo by the time he went to Brazil. He knew the Gracies were grapplers and thought that what he knew from Judo would allow him to keep up with them. He was quite surprised when they put a clinic on him.

Given that he'd also trained with Gene LeBell, his arsenal extended even beyond judo.

I remember that Helio was renowned for his collar chokes, even later in life. I think he developed some ridiculous old man strength in his hands, and having roughly 60 years of BJJ experience at the time, certainly had the technical knowledge to apply it at the right moment.

I was thinking the same thing, collar choke. Nothing else he couldve really done from that position.

at 70years old can choke from mount(not much leverage to use from there).. helio must be pretty strong.

at 70years old can choke from mount(not much leverage to use from there).. helio must be pretty strong.

I read that Rickson does the same to BB that manage to "mount" him.

like what mackavelli said. all i can think of is also collar choke..and choking from mount do required quite alot of, i did say insane amount of strength to collar choke the guy mounting u, since the leverage advantage is the guy on mount not him.

Perhaps some secret gracie skills/magics.. kik

helio was 70

nuff said imo

correct. not hard to believe a prime Chuck w/ some judo skills could get to mount. especially when it's fairly common for some instructors to let a "noob" get to a dominant position then submit them to teach them.

regardless, i think it's a cool story.

what's the big deal helio was 70, its not like he mounted rickson

Given that he'd also trained with Gene LeBell, his arsenal extended even beyond judo.

I was just remembering what Chuck said in the book, which was BB in Judo. I knew he trained with Judo Gene, but didn't know when that was in relation to his trip to Brazil.

Cool story. I don't know why people are trying to take away something negative from it (about either Chuck or Helio).

What has Chuck not done? It seems like he has a little experience in most martial arts.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.

There is no chin behind Chuck Norris

What has Chuck not done? It seems like he has a little experience in most martial arts.

Like some people already said, chuck's style was evolving into MMA decades before most people understood the concept...so who would win in a fight: Chuck Norris or Anderson Silva?

ozyabbas - everyone here has seen that, this is more of a chuck appreciation thread.

so speak kindly, or GTFO

ozyabbas - everyone here has seen that, this is more of a chuck appreciation thread.

so speak kindly, or GTFO

Calm down, none of those jokes were meant to be derogatory and Chuck Norris himself has personal favourites from amongst those.

To be honest I don't see what the big deal is, so he mounted a 70 year old Helio. Chuck had already had top notch ground work instruction from some of the best in the world.

The part I find incredible is the fact that Helio managed to choke him out whilst having been mounted.

I think its fruitless to compare his skills to MMA fighters such as Anderson Silva. We will never know the outcome from them both being in their prime.

Calm down, none of those jokes were meant to be derogatory and Chuck Norris himself has personal favourites from amongst those.

To be honest I don't see what the big deal is, so he mounted a 70 year old Helio. Chuck had already had top notch ground work instruction from some of the best in the world.

The part I find incredible is the fact that Helio managed to choke him out whilst having been mounted.

I think its fruitless to compare his skills to MMA fighters such as Anderson Silva. We will never know the outcome from them both being in their prime.

I am calm, so STFU (just foolin)! Its just a cool story (well, I think it is). Chuck vs. Anderson is a joke, btw (refer to the Bruce Lee section of the FAQ).

Chuck Norris realised the importance of BJJ.

I think that one requirement for his BBs in his own MA (named Chun Kuk Do) is to be at least a purple in BJJ.

Is this true? That is badass if so.

Sounds to me like he roughed up an old man and someone choked him out from behind.

Every time that dude talks, he gets a chip on his shoulder about the greatest martial artist ever: Bruce, and the greatest president ever: Obama.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of these days we hear about how it was actually he that invented leverage.

Sounds to me like he roughed up an old man and someone choked him out from behind.

Every time that dude talks, he gets a chip on his shoulder about the greatest martial artist ever: Bruce, and the greatest president ever: Obama.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of these days we hear about how it was actually he that invented leverage.

Rickson is known to have choke people the bottom of the mount.

Back