Chuck Norris says he mounted Helio Gracie **WITH SOURCE**

Chuck is as legit a fighter as can be. He was a mixed martial artist back when nobody did it. He trained under Bruce Lee when he was already world karate champion. He is also proficient in several other martial arts and has always been a great representative of martial arts and of what a martial artist should be like.

If he said it, I believe it, Chuck was never a guy to "toot his own horn", quite the opposite.

Is he really? A guy who never competed or spars with the public is legit?.

You walk in the gym and there's Chuck. Hey Chuck, wanna roll a little? You hang out with Chuck because you're both white belts saying dumb shit white belts say. Whoa, I just tapped Chuck Norris! Chuck enters his first tournament at blue belt and gets smashed. Better luck next time Chuck, maybe I should have been in Enter the Dragon.

He has a celebrity belt from Machado like Ashton.

Bruce Lee didn't really have much time to teach anyone either. Chuck did some point fighting, it wasn't a big deal.

Last edited:
Helio has been 100 years old for like the past 40 years. I'm not surprised that anyone could mount him.

Is he really? A guy who never competed or spars with the public is legit?.

You walk in the gym and there's Chuck. Hey Chuck, wanna roll a little? You hang out with Chuck because you're both white belts saying dumb shit white belts say. Whoa, I just tapped Chuck Norris! Chuck enters his first tournament at blue belt and gets smashed. Better luck next time Chuck, maybe I should have been in Enter the Dragon.

He has a celebrity belt from Machado like Ashton.

Bruce Lee didn't really have much time to teach anyone either. Chuck did some point fighting, it wasn't a big deal.
Chuck Norris was an actual champion. In full contact fighting. He is a legit martial artist.

Chuck Norris was an actual champion. In full contact fighting. He is a legit martial artist.

If you'd seen or participated any of these fights you'd know it's not a big deal. Amateur MMA is way rougher.

I've watched him do some punching and kicking on a bag, he doesn't hit super hard or fast. Typical middle of the road TKD black belt. I'm every bit as good as him, so are a million others.

He is NOT legit in BJJ or Judo other than having a belt. I'm not sure he even qualifies as a hobbyist because they spar with classmates and compete locally. Imagine if you met a dude that only took privates but he had a black belt. Lame.

I'll agree he is a "legit" martial artist in Karate/TKD circles for what that's worth.

Last edited:
If you'd seen or participated any of these fights you'd know it's not a big deal. Amateur MMA is way rougher.

I've watched him do some punching and kicking on a bag, he doesn't hit super hard or fast. Typical middle of the road TKD black belt. I'm every bit as good as him, so are a million others.

He is NOT legit in BJJ or Judo other than having a belt. I'm not sure he even qualifies as a hobbyist because they spar with classmates and compete locally. Imagine if you met a dude that only took privates but he had a black belt. Lame.

I'll agree he is a "legit" martial artist in Karate/TKD circles for what that's worth.

C'mon guys do you actually think Machado would give him a black belt if he didn't deserve it? And he's been a Machado BJJ BB for over ten years now he surely must be an absolute beast on the mats.

That anecdote is also in an interview on Youtube with Chuck.
I will see if I can find it...

edit: here it is:

Is this a TV show or documentary??? I CAN'T EVEN TELL!!!!!!

C'mon guys do you actually think Machado would give him a black belt if he didn't deserve it? And he's been a Machado BJJ BB for over ten years now he surely must be an absolute beast on the mats.

Did you see that Walker clip I posted? That was suck city, even choreographed.

Rigan has a celebrity belt program so I think that is what happened here.

Someone from Ashton's academy said he never spars and that a good white belt would totally wreck him.

Last edited:
Maybe Chuck was confused about mount and guard position. Or Chuck was wearing a Gi and Helio used some type of choke using the Gi

Back