Christian Robinson Karate / Jiu Jitsu school near Toronto

You wrote " Fraud be careful" and as I now also have looked a little into it Robinson says the issue has been resolved and now Rener warns people but doesnt press legal action because he " doesnt need  the money. " Right :rolleyes:

Rener this is untrue. And we have adressed it. There was an issue. And IT got resolved.

This sounds fishy. And big laugh to Rener saying he did 4 seminars for 2h <Lmaoo> 2h are small workshops and not seminars. And "over 10k" for that wow.

No reply from Rener in being directly called out telling a lie. To me this says everything about Rener there needs to be said.

Problem is you sound like a dedicated member of a Gracie school. Very one sided talking about Gracie Haters...etc. us vs the bad guys. It is exactly this cultish vibe that often is the divider.

Last edited:
I understand the fraud stuff.

But my question is if Renee has so many affiliate s and schools around the world...why is he "still" going to do 10k weekend seminar with unknown "affiliate".

I am sure he could "easily" do a 10k weekend seminar at a "trusted" affiliate gym

So why try out flying into unknown unless he is not fully booked.

And he is not fully booked and think he need to do seminars at places that he does not know.

Why complains about it?

People are bad with money and they trust to much, I'm an accoutant and I have accounts turning bad, I work on stuff and people never come to get them or pay for them (never for 10k though). Sometimes you get screwed but you also do more business because honest people don't like to be treated like bums. Deposits and advance payments aren't the best way to start business relations. It works when it's well established in the market (like manufacturers, equipements...) but in the services, market where you only sell your time it's kind or frowned upon.

And if you think 50 people per seminar is a lot you must not be from a big town. And if.you think 150 dollars is a lot you must not make a lot of money

What's the demographic at your gym, if I look at my gym we have a lot of people between 15 to 25 who are at the beginning of their careers, they don't make the big bucks and some of them even struggle to pay for classes. So a 150$ for a seminar is a lot for them. The older guys like me won't have any problems to pay but we're just about 20% of the club

What's the demographic at your gym, if I look at my gym we have a lot of people between 15 to 25 who are at the beginning of their careers, they don't make the big bucks and some of them even struggle to pay for classes. So a 150$ for a seminar is a lot for them. The older guys like me won't have any problems to pay but we're just about 20% of the club
So it definitely dends on the school. My gym is part of a bigger gym. I've been going there for 20 years. Our gym has over 150 people but within 100 miles radius there are probably closer to 800 adults and 80 kids

My gym has about 20 black belts. I think our ratio is flip flopped from yours.

Fraud is ghastly business.

Screen-Shot-2015-10-11-at-1.14.36-PM.png

Rener-Gracie.jpg

For the readers, background about the above instructors.

Their respective parents flew in Renee for grading and seminar and paid to be a certified training centre.

They are children and should not be teaching martial arts.

It was not for a single seminar. It was for 8 hours worth of seminar teaching. And it wasn't just Renee, it was Brian Ortega with him as well. You may not personally be interested in attending a seminar taught by them, but that 16 hours worth between two people of seminar teaching. How much is the average seminar cost for a school to bring in a big name in the art? Maybe $1,000?

I tried doing some Google searching before I left work earlier then I couldn't find any recently active Facebook or websites for this school to begin with so seems like they were probably Shady all the way around.

I've also attended a super seminar taught by Rener that was hosted by Pat Curran's School. The place was packed wall-to-wall for 8 hours.

I attended the same seminar; if I remember correctly, there were over 150 attendees, and the overwhelming majority were there for the whole 8 hours (paying $300 each).

If the cost was the same, then Jeff probably got his money back close to 4 times over, and the material and presentation were both good. I don't really like Rener, but I can't honestly call his 10k fee "robbery."

A jiu jitsu school that also teaches karate should be an instant red flag imo

For the readers, background about the above instructors.

Their respective parents flew in Renee for grading and seminar and paid to be a certified training centre.

They are children and should not be teaching martial arts.
At the time their dad was a brown belt (this is more than 5 years old) and owned and ran the school

You wrote " Fraud be careful" and as I now also have looked a little into it Robinson says the issue has been resolved and now Rener warns people but doesnt press legal action because he " doesnt need  the money. " Right :rolleyes:

This sounds fishy. And big laugh to Rener saying he did 4 seminars for 2h <Lmaoo> 2h are small workshops and not seminars. And "over 10k" for that wow.

No reply from Rener in being directly called out telling a lie. To me this says everything about Rener there needs to be said.

Problem is you sound like a dedicated member of a Gracie school. Very one sided talking about Gracie Haters...etc. us vs the bad guys. It is exactly this cultish vibe that often is the divider.
Where the link to where you found this. I didn't see it.

Also yes after.you get put on blast if you want to stay open you should probably pay what you owe.

I trained at the Gracie Academy 20 years ago and only got my.blue from then. Everything else has been a different team. The us vs them is true. I see a bunch of.people who have never meet them saying a lot of things they would never say if they were in the same room. I think that is weak.

Back