Christian Robinson Karate / Jiu Jitsu school near Toronto

Was at Pride GP 2000

Brown Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Not sure when this happened but I guess he did a seminar with Rener And Ortega and his 10k check bounced, twice. Fraud be careful.

Fraud is ghastly business.

Screen-Shot-2015-10-11-at-1.14.36-PM.png

Rener-Gracie.jpg

I understand the fraud stuff.

But my question is if Renee has so many affiliate s and schools around the world...why is he "still" going to do 10k weekend seminar with unknown "affiliate".

I am sure he could "easily" do a 10k weekend seminar at a "trusted" affiliate gym

So why try out flying into unknown unless he is not fully booked.

And he is not fully booked and think he need to do seminars at places that he does not know.

Why complains about it?

I understand the fraud stuff.

But my question is if Renee has so many affiliate s and schools around the world...why is he "still" going to do 10k weekend seminar with unknown "affiliate".

I am sure he could "easily" do a 10k weekend seminar at a "trusted" affiliate gym

So why try out flying into unknown unless he is not fully booked.

And he is not fully booked and think he need to do seminars at places that he does not know.

Why complains about it?
All of those are interesting points but who works and doesn't get paid and would not complain about it. You must really hate Rener if you think he is wrong for complaining and letting people know the school is shady.

All of those are interesting points but who works and doesn't get paid and would not complain about it. You must really hate Rener if you think he is wrong for complaining and letting people know the school is shady.

Is there a story from the so called shady business?

Charging $10k for a seminar is already highway robbery.

Charging $10k for a seminar is already highway robbery.
Coming from a guy who makesminimum wage probably sounds too like too.
But you should probably ask how many sessions, how many people, did thay 10k include their travel expenses etc.

The hate is thick.

They didn't return my call. Silence proves guilt

Thats a strange logic. You dont know why they are silent. If you are not directly involved with Rener and play a part in this why should they even answer?

Also who books Rener for 10k/ seminar. This cannot return a profit.

Thats a strange logic. You dont know why they are silent. If you are not directly involved with Rener and play a part in this why should they even answer?

It was not for a single seminar. It was for 8 hours worth of seminar teaching. And it wasn't just Renee, it was Brian Ortega with him as well. You may not personally be interested in attending a seminar taught by them, but that 16 hours worth between two people of seminar teaching. How much is the average seminar cost for a school to bring in a big name in the art? Maybe $1,000?

I tried doing some Google searching before I left work earlier then I couldn't find any recently active Facebook or websites for this school to begin with so seems like they were probably Shady all the way around.

I've also attended a super seminar taught by Rener that was hosted by Pat Curran's School. The place was packed wall-to-wall for 8 hours.

$10k is pricey, but I know the top Alliance competitors regularly charge north of $6k for a single day. Whatever the market will bear; don't book them if you don't think you can make your money back.

Coming from a guy who makesminimum wage probably sounds too like too.
But you should probably ask how many sessions, how many people, did thay 10k include their travel expenses etc.

Lol, what? He is charging more than world champs do for seminars. Even if it's an expensive seminar ($150) the school would need 70 students to BREAK EVEN. Not even turn a profit. That is highway robbery, even to people who don't make minimum wage like me.

Ok I didn't really call. You got me. I was trolling leichen a bit.

However do this math. Saturday and Sunday. 2 different seminars. 50 people come to each. 150 bucks per person. If they are each 4 to 5 hours (yes I have gone to all day seminars so this happens) you are telling people it's less than 30 bucks an hour to drink directly from the Gracie Waterfall.

In case math is not your strong point. .. that is 15,000. Pay Rener and Brian 10k and you make 5k for opening the door.

And if you think 50 people per seminar is a lot you must not be from a big town. And if.you think 150 dollars is a lot you must not make a lot of money

Lol, what? He is charging more than world champs do for seminars. Even if it's an expensive seminar ($150) the school would need 70 students to BREAK EVEN. Not even turn a profit. That is highway robbery, even to people who don't make minimum wage like me.
Small town ... no money? I get it
Have you been to Toronto? Lots of people. Lots of money .

But I am glad you could do the math (even if you were a little off)

My math was fine. Who pays twice for one seminar? Oh yeah, when they break it into two days and juice the fuck out of you. But then again, that's what you have to do to learn from the waterfall of Gracie right?

My math was fine. Who pays twice for one seminar? Oh yeah, when they break it into two days and juice the fuck out of you. But then again, that's what you have to do to learn from the waterfall of Gracie right?

My favorite part of this whole thread was the out of the blue dig at your income.

Ok I didn't really call. You got me. I was trolling leichen a bit.

However do this math. Saturday and Sunday. 2 different seminars. 50 people come to each. 150 bucks per person. If they are each 4 to 5 hours (yes I have gone to all day seminars so this happens) you are telling people it's less than 30 bucks an hour to drink directly from the Gracie Waterfall.

In case math is not your strong point. .. that is 15,000. Pay Rener and Brian 10k and you make 5k for opening the door.

And if you think 50 people per seminar is a lot you must not be from a big town. And if.you think 150 dollars is a lot you must not make a lot of money

Why are you involved that personal?

In the end its a contract both sides have to accept no matter If it returns a profit.

My problem with this thread is that you go on full attack mode against someone because of a YT video. We dont know the whole story and I would advise against this. Rener could leave out significant details.

Why are you involved that personal?

In the end its a contract both sides have to accept no matter If it returns a profit.

My problem with this thread is that you go on full attack mode against someone because of a YT video. We dont know the whole story and I would advise against this. Rener could leave out significant details.
Huh. You do understand this is a forum where people post ideas, thoughts, and opinions right?

If you read my original post I caution people to be careful. Not boycott or kill the guy.

And it is really funny you mention there could be 2 sides to a story when the people who hate on the Gracie Brothers never say there is a second side.

But hey, if you don't like the thread you don't ever have to click on it again. Be careful....

Back