Chris Weidman vs Robert Whittaker, who wins?

Stop analyzing different fighters strengths and weaknesses in an attempt to determine who wins in a variety of match ups. Sherdog has already figured out how to do it. If fighter has a win over you then you are worthless and nothing you have done in the past or will do in the future matters.

Example: Kelvin beat Bisping who beat Luke who beat Weidman who beat Anderson who beat Marquardt who beat Woodley who beat Thompson who beat Whittaker who beat Romero who beat Jacare who beat Kennedy who beat Manhoef who lost to RAFAEL CARVALHO twice in a row therefore

Bellator > UFC understand?
Sorry, I forgot about that.
So I´ll just go back to our reality, let´s just give Kelvin the TS at MW since he won his last fight via KO; which means he´s the real deal now and will probably destroy Whittaker and GSP in the same night, since he is the guy who KOed Bisping who was the guy who KOed Rockhold who destroyed Weidman who destroyed Silva.

I still hold firm to the belief that pre-USADA Weidman (the one up until the Machida fight, ending before the Belfort fight) was the best middleweight champion we've seen, outside of Anderson.
But this slow, deflated version loses to Whittaker the same way Jacare did. Maybe he'll put up a little more of a fight due to being younger.

Sorry, I forgot about that.
So I´ll just go back to our reality, let´s just give Kelvin the TS at MW since he won his last fight via KO; which means he´s the real deal now and will probably destroy Whittaker and GSP in the same night, since he is the guy who KOed Bisping who was the guy who KOed Rockhold who destroyed Weidman who destroyed Silva.
Now you're getting it.

If we go by the theory that weight cutting is detrimental to the amount of punishment a fighter can take, then the Wonderboy KO is irrelevant. You know Robbie's weight cut was so bad he lost his hearing? Literally could not hear anything for a couple of hours until he rehydrated. At 185 he's a much, much tougher proposition.

Weidman is a soft hollow husk of his former self.

Not claiming to know why...but...
Well I'll follow you up by saying this:

Pre-USADA Weidman wins, current Weidman gets wrecked. The man looks completely different to the Weidman of theee years ago.

Whittaker probably stops him.I don't really see Weidman holding the belt anymore unless he gets some luck at the right time kind of like Bisping did. Actually I see Weidman taking Bisping's gatekeeper spot once Bisping retires.

Is pre-USADA Weidman a new mythical thing like sea-level Cain?

I'd pick Whittaker over Weidman under any circumstances, but for that to happen Weidman needs at least one more W, maybe two depending on who.

I like Whittaker but Weidman would smush him like a bug. Yoel was taking Whittaker down at will before he gassed, and has never been known for his top control to begin with. Weidman takes down everyone he fights pretty much, and is a beast on top. If Weidman gets on top of Whittaker the size difference and overall grappling skill would be big problem.

it's a tough fight. Stylistically, i think weidman presents more challenges for Whittaker than romero and Jacare did.

The one with Wonderboy power and advanced grappling.

Weidman keeps him away with Wonderboy combinations and if he gets in close a Munoz elbow.

Robert_Whittaker_vs._Stephen_Thompson_1.gif

Weidman has everything except that 1 in 10 Yoel Knee; to inflict on Bear Sighting Whitaker.

Forget Gastelum for a minute, Id like to see how much smaller Whitaker is to Rockhold/Weidman. Whitaker is closer to Rmero size.

022_Chris_Weidman_and_Yoel_Romero.0.0.jpg

40yrs old with a physique of a 25yrs old...
Intredasting indeed...

Weidman gets frustrated after several failed TD attempts and eventually gets KTFO by the Aussie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back