Chris Weidman vs Robert Whittaker, who wins?

Whitaker by godly defensive grappling and cardio.

Weidman is a soft hollow husk of his former self.

Not claiming to know why...but...

Pre-USADA Weidman wins.

Not sure about "Still My Boy" Weidman.

Gotta go with Whittaker in that one. He is a lot faster than Chris and much more accurate with his punches. Chris has better grappling but Whittakers TDD is really good and Chris will probably be forced to stand and be too slow

Chris is on a badddd downswing and Robert is up. Stockmarket, and all that....

Seriously though Robert is improving lightning fast, and Chris absorbed hume brain damage in his last 3 loses in a row. You arent the same after that..All 3 loses, in a row, were BAD loses.

Rockhold full mount gnp'ed his skull to jello for too long.
Romero delivered a flying knee that permanent disfigured his face
Moose full force flushed kneed him so hard he say he couldnt continue.

You simply are not the same after that. Physically or mentally.

Weidman has a much better skills on the feet than Romero and Souza. Romero in order to conserve his gas, is low volume on the feet and usually doesn´t apply a heavy wrestling based game.... but Weidman does. He is high volume on the feet and very offensive with his wrestling. Souza is an expert in bjj, but his wrestling is not on Weidman´s level.
Because of Weidman´s game style, I think he would present a different challenge for Whittaker, and that the fight wouldn´t be as easy as people are saying. I´m not saying he´s better than Romero or Souza, I´m saying he fights differently and would match up better with Whittaker than Romero or Souza imo.

Whitaker, Romero and Rockhold would pummel Weidman.

Whittaker is a terrible matchup for Weidman, and I'm a huge Weidman fan.

Much faster, better boxing, hits harder, amazing TDD, great cardio, and most importantly he is just a killer in the cage. If he has you hurt he WILL finish you.

Weidmans only chance would be to get a early takedown and look for a submission, once he starts getting tired like he always does Whittaker will put it on him and probably finish him.

Chris wins the first round, like he always does.
Probably gets wrecked down the stretch.

Chris would be competitive for the first couple of rounds but his cardio would not be enough. He would not finish Whittaker.

Weidman has a much better skills on the feet than Romero and Souza. Romero in order to conserve his gas, is low volume on the feet and usually doesn´t apply a heavy wrestling based game.... but Weidman does. He is high volume on the feet and very offensive with his wrestling. Souza is an expert in bjj, but his wrestling is not on Weidman´s level.
Because of Weidman´s game style, I think he would present a different challenge for Whittaker, and that the fight wouldn´t be as easy as people are saying. I´m not saying he´s better than Romero or Souza, I´m saying he fights differently and would match up better with Whittaker than Romero or Souza imo.
Stop analyzing different fighters strengths and weaknesses in an attempt to determine who wins in a variety of match ups. Sherdog has already figured out how to do it. If fighter has a win over you then you are worthless and nothing you have done in the past or will do in the future matters.

Example: Kelvin beat Bisping who beat Luke who beat Weidman who beat Anderson who beat Marquardt who beat Woodley who beat Thompson who beat Whittaker who beat Romero who beat Jacare who beat Kennedy who beat Manhoef who lost to RAFAEL CARVALHO twice in a row therefore

Bellator > UFC understand?

The one with Wonderboy power and advanced grappling.

Weidman keeps him away with Wonderboy combinations and if he gets in close a Munoz elbow.

Robert_Whittaker_vs._Stephen_Thompson_1.gif

Weidman has everything except that 1 in 10 Yoel Knee; to inflict on Bear Sighting Whitaker.

Forget Gastelum for a minute, Id like to see how much smaller Whitaker is to Rockhold/Weidman. Whitaker is closer to Rmero size.

022_Chris_Weidman_and_Yoel_Romero.0.0.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back