Chris Weidman appreciation thread

Who wins?

• Weidman

• Souza

Results are only viewable after voting.
No, but Rustler's Rhapsody was a great movie. And I believe the hair was ordered in the drink, not on the side.

Rustler's Rhapsody...That's my new term for when too many Jimmies get Rustled on Sherdog. lol

No, but Rustlers' Rhapsody was a great movie. And I believe the hair was ordered in the drink, not on the side.

guess you were right...

... but you still remind me of him somehow.

I'd rather talk about drag racing vintage Buicks.

But there are no men on sherdog, no one here knows the difference between a camshaft and their own asshole. I assume their wives must change tires for them when they have a flat. Or their husbands, I should say.

I've never seen a less knowledgeable group of men when it comes to cars and hot rodding.

I like fights. I trained for years, it's an insanely cool hobby.

But there are other manly things too. Beer. Cars, Bikes. Tools.
The fantasy version of yourself sounds boss, boss.

Got a joke for you, what do you call a man who plays with shafts?

a gay, you dumb fuck

The fantasy version of yourself sounds boss, boss.

Got a joke for you, what do you call a man who plays with shafts?

a gay, you dumb fuck
I call him McGregor the Goat Fucker. You call him "Dad."

Sorry TS but Weidman only gets another title if he goes to an org with no USADA. He and Hendricks are done at the top levels.

I have a nice car.... It's black.

Frankly, I'd rather play with my GF boobs than a car. If my car acts up, there are mechanics to fix it. Wouldn't want to get all knowledgeable and put them out of a job.

And what's with all this vintage car love? I'll admit the old MOPAR cars are nice to look at and remind me of what my dad drove but hell, they drive like crap.

Car racing? I live in Toronto. There is a cop on the road every 10 feet. Give me something comfortable with a smooth ride and heated seats and I'm a happy camper.

Old cars drive like shit... Unless you do a complete resto-mod they will alway drive like shit compared to current tech.
Vintage shit is cool. Although I'll admit I like playing with you girlfriend's boobs too.

Old cars are for fun, not every day use. Mostly track racing, some vintage shows, shit like that. But once in a great while lining 'em up on the street and beating a guy in a shiny new 'Vette is fun. And they're great cars, modern Corvettes. But throwing a few fender lengths or more on one is hard to do when you're playing with an old nailhead Buick. Those engines fight you every step of the way when you want go fast.

Jacare is tailor made for Weidman to get the W, he is slow on the feet ( as is chris ) so for once Weidman won't look like he is stuck in mud compared to his opponent, Weidman has a more diverse striking game and his grappling is good enough to not get taken down or submitted if the fight does hit the ground.

I think Weidman gets a first round finish with gnp since he likes to be aggressive early with his wrestling, and until he gets tired he usually dominates with his grappling even against other good grapplers. If it doesn't work out that way I see a decision win for him.

I'm partial to Chris. Considering we both grew up in the same neck of the woods. My heart goes to the chris

Me to
For that matter, I'd take Brunson/Weidman too. Although I think Weidman has a better chance against Jacare.

I'm all for fresh matchups although I would like to see Jacare get a rematch from both of his Strikeforce fights against Rockhold and Brunson.

I'd favor Weidman against Jacare and Brunson but don't think either one would be easy.Hopefully they happen in 18'.

Sorry TS but Weidman only gets another title if he goes to an org with no USADA. He and Hendricks are done at the top levels.

Weidman has only lost to 3 of the top 5 guys in his weight class. The Romero fight, he was ahead until he ducked into the knee, The Mousasi fight was a mess (not saying he would have won, but it was a great back and forth fight until the weird ending).

Hendricks has lost to pretty much everyone since USADA went live. His performance against GSP and then after USADA was a clear indicator he was juiced to the gills for the GSP fight.

Weidman has simply been fighting tough guys. Romero, Rockhold, Mousasi. Shit, after the Rockhold loss, he should have been fighting a lower level guy to build himself back up but he fought 2 top 3 guys in a row after. He hasn't looked much different, other than more tenative but that could be a confidence thing.

After Romero baptized him:

twoface.jpg

Vintage shit is cool. Although I'll admit I like playing with you girlfriend's boobs too.

Old cars are for fun, not every day use. Mostly track racing, some vintage shows, shit like that. But once in a great while lining 'em up on the street and beating a guy in a shiny new 'Vette is fun. And they're great cars, modern Corvettes. But throwing a few fender lengths or more on one is hard to do when you're playing with an old nailhead Buick. Those engines fight you every step of the way when you want go fast.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a 67 Camaro to drive 3 or 4 times a summer but I drive an SUV (Land Rover Evoque, please don't make fun of me, I know Posh Spice designed it but I love it) which is kind of a necessity driving highways in the winter in Toronto. I have thought about picking up a toy, really like the Jaguar F type but I have a GF, a daughter, a 100 pound dog and a stepdaughter. The times I could actually get in it and drive around would be few and far between.

Souza has straighter punches and hits harder and his ground game is superior.
Chris is chinny af and he can't take it to the ground. In fact, he even has to be wary of throwing kicks.
Neither have good cardio. I see Chris getting dispatched inside 2.

Souza has straighter punches and hits harder and his ground game is superior.
Chris is chinny af and he can't take it to the ground. In fact, he even has to be wary of throwing kicks.
Neither have good cardio. I see Chris getting dispatched inside 2.

Did...did you just call Weidman “chinny”?
giphy.gif

Dude ate a flying knee from Romero and didnt go out, traded bombs in the pocket with Machida and TRTor, ate endless GnP from Rockhold and didnt go out, and beat Anderson Silva standing. Christ

Did...did you just call Weidman “chinny”?
giphy.gif

Dude ate a flying knee from Romero and didnt go out, traded bombs in the pocket with Machida and TRTor, ate endless GnP from Rockhold and didnt go out, and beat Anderson Silva standing. Christ

He's been rocked in his last 5 fights and finished in 3 of his last 4. His chin is almost completely gone.

I got Weidman. He had some tough breaks, but is still the number 1 middleweight in the world in my books. Give him a rematch against moose, luke, or yoel and I put money on Weidman. His bad luck has run out all at once. He's fucking GOT THIS. Strong Island.

Back