News Chris Barnett OUT, Mohammed Usman will now face Mick Parkin on March 23

Who wins?

• Total voters
Excellent analysis of Parkin sir.
This fight is his to lose, be ause he is way better on the feet, and he's shown ok TDD.

If he walks into a bomb is the only real way I see him losing this one tbh.
I'm high on Parkin's. Guys who fight fundamentally sound, behind tight combinations and footwork (with proper intentions) are what I love to see in all fighters.

Only thing for concern is guys without a willingness to take risks or go for finishes end up like pre WW Jorge Masvidal where they trade combo's with their opponents and the judges pick whatever combo's they think look better making every decision a 50/50. I'm hoping Parkin doesn't fall into this flaw but that's my biggest concern with him and I think this is the perfect blend of a scary but finishable opponent to test it.

I'm high on Parkin's. Guys who fight fundamentally sound, behind tight combinations and footwork (with proper intentions) are what I love to see in all fighters.

Only thing for concern is guys without a willingness to take risks or go for finishes end up like pre WW Jorge Masvidal where they trade combo's with their opponents and the judges pick whatever combo's they think look better making every decision a 50/50. I'm hoping Parkin doesn't fall into this flaw but that's my biggest concern with him and I think this is the perfect blend of a scary but finishable opponent to test it.

Yeah I noticed that about him.
Like he's happy with just doing enough, rather than going for the kill (Masvidal is a good example actually).

Parkin does seem to possess the skills to find the finish though.
Usman will go for the TD, but can Parkin stop that kind of explosion?... we'll see.

If he can stop one or 2 TD he'll have a higher percentage of winning, but he needs to pressure Usman to work his cardio.

Im actually more excited about this fight, but Chris brings the unorthodox skill set to make it wild lol.

How about Josh Barnett replacing Usman?

Barnett VS Barnett

I hope you’re right because I can’t pretend with big baby Usman anymore

Parkin is fundamentally sound, and has decent TDD.
He also trains with Aspinall so he's not in some bum gym.

He's gonna need to weather the storm though sir.
He's pretty a decent fighter though.

I've been watching some old school 80s and 90s WWF lately.. and then watched some clips of the new people.. and to be honest Chris Barnett was the first thought that came to my mind.

Imo he should just get into Pro Wrestling. He has the charisma... he's athletic as shit...and can also do crazy moves.

But going off his UFC career, I would just worry about his durability.

Parkin vs Usman works out pretty well.

Both have proven themselves against the bottom tier UFC heavyweights, so yeah.

I'm in!

Man that sucks, was actually interested to see what would happen in this fight.

Solid replacement. Parkin's lack of killer instinct and seeming lack of punching power isn't good at HW, but he wins this IMO. another UD, probably.

Didnt usman get pieced up on the feet by one of the tafas for 2 rounds then somehow got given the decision? I know he was losing to collier until the eye poke

Back