Chinese Road to UFC Fighter Spits on Japanese Opponent Multiple Times

Cut Rong Zhu?

• Yes

Votes: 60 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 11.4%
  • No (but feed him to an elite lightweight killer, then cut him)

Votes: 41 36.0%

• Total voters
Nah, it's got to have it's own thread.

Rong Zhu, a fighter who has 3 fights in the UFC and went 1-2 despite missing weight TWICE, was called out by Herb Dean in R3 of his fight with Shin Haraguchi for spitting on his opponent at least twice.

"Hey, stop spitting," Herb was heard saying.

Cut this garbage immediately. Spitting on someone isn't the same as calling someone a nasty name. This is pond scum behaviour from a failed UFC fighter with no discipline.

Are these working @TITS?

I appreciate you helping me out bro

Mmm.. we'll see. Bisping did something similar and if any reprimand happened it wasn't ever mentioned IIRC.

Right but Roan Carneiro spit blood on someone.

I really dont know if they talked to him about that,but man,they should,that shit is disgusting and not a good look at all.

Mmm.. we'll see. Bisping did something similar and if any reprimand happened it wasn't ever mentioned IIRC.

I remember Bisping spitting at Jorge Rivera's corner.

That was disgusting.

I just see grey screen.

Nah, it's got to have it's own thread.

Rong Zhu, a fighter who has 3 fights in the UFC and went 1-2 despite missing weight TWICE, was called out by Herb Dean in R3 of his fight with Shin Haraguchi for spitting on his opponent at least twice.

"Hey, stop spitting," Herb was heard saying.

Cut this garbage immediately. Spitting on someone isn't the same as calling someone a nasty name. This is pond scum behaviour from a failed UFC fighter with no discipline.

Grey screen on the OP?

Im gonna be the contrarian and say no. We could use a good villain. They could even encourage him to trash talk and go full heel.

I hope we never see Rong Zhu again - but they said on commentary he is a PI stand out, so we know how easily Dana will fold 🙄

He was in the UFC already. Beat 1 fighter who was nowhere near UFC level, and lost to 2 others easily. The guy sucks.

And don't worry about the PI standout stuff. That shit means absolutely nothing. They said Nia Liang was leagues beyond everyone at the Chinese PI, and all she did was come in and get finished three times in a row because she has absolutely zero cardio lol.

He was in the UFC already. Beat 1 fighter who was nowhere near UFC level, and lost to 2 others easily. The guy sucks.

And don't worry about the PI standout stuff. That shit means absolutely nothing. They said Nia Liang was leagues beyond everyone at the Chinese PI, and all she did was come in and get finished three times in a row because she has absolutely zero cardio lol.

Gosh, yeah, Na Liang was a poor fighter!

I've nothing against fighters who earn their shot, but I don't do scumbags. Hopefully you're right, they invest nothing in this trash.

I know Dana is a weak man, but this is racism.

It's not just nasty words spoken that might be racism, he's a Chinese guy spitting on a Japanese fighter that he's easily beating.

I hope we never see Rong Zhu again - but they said on commentary he is a PI stand out, so we know how easily Dana will fold 🙄

He's already put money into this scumbag, so he's gonna let it go, unless the big guy wants to show he's a good person for once.
Let that be a cowboy cerone spitting on an Anthony Njokuwani.. 🤯

Gosh, yeah, Na Liang was a poor fighter!

I've nothing against fighters who earn their shot, but I don't do scumbags. Hopefully you're right, they invest nothing in this trash.

He'll get beat easily and cut again. Don't worry.

And Liang might have been shit, but I love her. Girl came to kill or be killed every time. Her record is absolute madness. 26 fights and she's only ever seen a round 3 once. Only ever won outside of the first just 1 time haha.

I didn't see the hard and it's hard to see the spit on a gif on my phone, but how do you even spit through a mouth guard? That seems like it would be hard to do and not worth the effort.

Thats pretty messed up but remembering this guys run in UFC, he looked completely lost in there at times. Just stopping mid-action and looking to his corner for advice, he will probably get cooked again so I wouldn't worry much about it. If he wins his fights at least when he actually gets some payback it will be sweeter.

Did these guy have a faceoff or anything, because if there was no prior interaction spitting on someone is pretty wild.

Thats pretty messed up but remembering this guys run in UFC, he looked completely lost in there at times. Just stopping mid-action and looking to his corner for advice, he will probably get cooked again so I wouldn't worry much about it. If he wins his fights at least when he actually gets some payback it will be sweeter.

Did these guy have a faceoff or anything, because if there was no prior interaction spitting on someone is pretty wild.

I mean, one is chinese, the other is japanese. It's pretty easy to jump to conclusions as to what the underlying "issue" was. Ufc needs to nip shit like this in the bud.

I mean, one is chinese, the other is japanese. It's pretty easy to jump to conclusions as to what the underlying issue was..... Regardless of the reason, though, it should be stopped. Ufc needs to nip shit like this in the bud.
Yeah I dont think so tbh, We almost had a cornerman and a fighter get into it in the mainevent before this and given the trackrecord of UFC not doing stuff when people who make money for them misbehave this guy probably face nothing.

I mean Strickland attacked DDP in the crowd thats a ban in most other sports.

They should cut this guy not because of the spitting in itself but the context of the guy being Chinese and his opponent Japanese, it could be a potential international incident

I think you guys are blowing the whole Japan/China conflict a bit out of proportion honestly.
He definitely is a POS for doing it but until there is some prove I find it a bit quick to jump to conclussions here.

Also did everyone forget the whole Artem/Conor vs Khabib thing, russians and the people from the caucasus dont have the best relation over there. Doesn't mean the smack was politically motivated.

Back