Chin is one of the most important aspects in mma

L

Lissove

These fighters better start finding how to improve their chin or they will end up like Overeem Joanna Hector Arlovski Hendo etc etc, all good fighters that can't compete anymore.

Yeah I suppose. Although Reem has done well for himself and usually has good defense.

Joanna? He was just finished once and guys lile Overeem and Andrei are getting hit by guys that hit like fucking cars

I don’t think there’s a way to Improve it. Your head positioning can help. I’ve heard from people that being in the best shape can help your ability to return oxygen to your brain so you recover quicker.

Indeed. Tony wouldnt even be top 10 without one. Fighters that totally lose it like Liddell are nothing.

Chin is important but striking defense is so much more important. Great fighters rarely just eat huge shots.

I don’t think there’s a way to Improve it. Your head positioning can help. I’ve heard from people that being in the best shape can help your ability to return oxygen to your brain so you recover quicker.
Neck exercises.<Moves>

Yancy has good recovery, but his defense more than cancels that out as he's dropped every other exchange, my boys still a fucking warrior, but still.

Hendo had arguably the GOAT p4p chin

Chin is important but striking defense is so much more important. Great fighters rarely just eat huge shots.

Came here to say this.

Chin doesn't really matter and might not even be a real thing. It's defense that counts.

Came here to say this.

Chin doesn't really matter and might not even be a real thing. It's defense that counts.
I think that chin IS a real thing, but is misunderstood and hugely overrated.

Neck exercises.<Moves>
giphy.gif

Yeah, but with a strong chin you have room for error and you could mess up and still be good depending on the chin. It’s like insurance

Came here to say this.

Certain fighters take punishment better than others, and being able to take punishment is immensely important in full contact combat sports.

There are factors that have a direct impact on how well you're going to take shots that are skill-related (having sound posture, being in good position to take a shot, seeing a shot coming, etc.), but there are differences in how well certain fighters take shots irrespective of any defense-related skills.

Last edited:
Certain fighters take punishment better than others, and being able to take punishment is immensely important in full contact combat sports.
And, it is VERY relative to a fighters "prime" You only get so many shots before it is gone. That is why we can watch 23 year old fight like their life depended on it, but a 33 year old gets put away.

Floyd-Mayweather-Neck-Harness.gif

floyd = 0 times been KO'd
That's why I wrote "in MMA."

More shots can go through because of the small gloves, and you can't play games like turning away and clinching, or duck too low only to get kneed or kicked. MMA fighters are bound to get hit from any angle so defense becomes offense or a weird dance of feints.

Back