Chiesa was done and embarrassed himself after

georgekillian

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Stomping around the cage like a baby. Next time let Lee choke him until he gets some real damage. He was done!!! Go cry elsewhere. Motor city phenom baby!!!

Actually it made perfect sense when he gave his explanation if the defense and it was a horrible stoppage.

Calm down Lee, maybe you get a clean win in te rematch.

He had every right to be pissed. One of the worst stoppages I've seen.

And with only 23 seconds left in the round. Nobody can say he would, or wouldn't make it to the horn. But, he sure as fuck had the right to try.

I'm not saying he would have won. I'm not saying he would have lost, either.

But, the stoppage was bullshit...PERIOD.

Lee is clearly the superior fighter and will TKO him if theres a hematch

The choke was in, he wasn't even fighting hands with 30 seconds left, going limp for 30 seconds while someone chokes you isn't a form of intelligent defense. Horrible stoppage or not, he would have been asleep in 5 more seconds max.

26 seconds and Lee had that choke IN. That was it. He was done. I've, personally, never seen someone escape a full on RNC with someone that strong on him. Unless Lee had a miracle seizure in the next 10 seconds, the fight was over.

I didn't know we stop fights for submissions that might finish the guy if they let it go.

they have to overturn this. the ref can't decide who submits for them and can't predict who goes out.

they have to overturn this. the ref can't decide who submits for them and can't predict who goes out.

They will never in a million trillion years overturn this.

He looked cooked, that's his fault not the refs

The choke was in, he wasn't even fighting hands with 30 seconds left, going limp for 30 seconds while someone chokes you isn't a form of intelligent defense. Horrible stoppage or not, he would have been asleep in 5 more seconds max.
That is an assumption and it is likely. But fights should not be stopped on assumptions. We have seen fighters get out of deep chokes before.

And it's not like he would have died from a few more seconds of choking even if he would have gone out.

He should have checked the arm or asked him to give him a thumbs up. But Yamasaki didn't even do anything. Horrible stoppage.

That is an assumption and it is likely. But fights should not be stopped on assumptions. We have seen fighters get out of deep chokes before.

And it's not like he would have died from a few more seconds of choking even if he would have gone out.

He should have checked the arm or asked him to give him a thumbs up. But Yamasaki didn't even do anything. Horrible stoppage.
I agree, but it's not like Chiesa deserves a rematch after that. Also, who has escaped an RNC with the choke in without fighting hands or rolling to his side with a body triangle on that wasn't saved by the bell?

I agree, but it's not like Chiesa deserves a rematch after that. Also, who has escaped an RNC with the choke in without fighting hands or rolling to his side with a body triangle on that wasn't saved by the bell?
Irc Shields was in a locked in RNC vs Mayhem and just sat it out. Benson Henderson has survived locked in chokes multple times. Some fighters manage to do it by just staying very calm and controlling their breathing or something. I am no expert on this but I have seen it.

Chiesa is a very seasoned grappler and the round only had like 20-30 seconds left. Big John also said a sub only has to get stopped if the fighter taps, goes unconscious or his limbs get injured.

Anyway I don't really care about a rematch. Lee looked like he would beat him anytime. But that stoppage has to be adressed so it does not happen again.

Just had a thought. Maybe Yamasaki was afraid there'd be another fighter shitting in th cage if Chiesa didn't tap before getting put to sleep.

Back