Chiesa vs Lee - who wins?

Chiasa going to choke out the other guy

Yah, nevermind, im not betting on this one lol. Everyone seems to agree that this a pickem fight so theres no value here.

If you want to bet on a fight, how about doing some research and watching tape instead of relying on conjectures?

Hope Chiesa finishes him, but he'll be really emotional in there and Lee could take advantage if he's smart.

Tell me who wins. Also tell me why or why not.

The odds are pretty much even.

Its a 5 rounds fight and I think it'll be a decision... so whoever has the better cardio will likely come out on top.
Is there any fights where either of these fighters looked tired?
Not really very sure of my pick since I've never see a Lee fight. I've seen Chiesa a few times. A bit awkward, but he seems very powerful. Strong top game, very strong submission game, not a fluid striker but he has power. He has notable wins over Dariush, Miller and Iaquinta with all 3 by RNC finish. His two losses were to Lauzon and Masvidal. So Chiesa has fought better competition and with better results IMO. Common opponents were Iaquinta and Trinaldo. Both fighters beat Trinaldo but Chiesa beat Iaquinta and Lee lost. MMA math doesn't always work, but I think the fact that Chiesa has fought better opposition makes his 14-2 record more impressive than Lee's 15-2 record with no real signatures wins IMO. Not sure how the 5-round cardio impacts the fight. My guess is that this fight probably doesn't go the distance. I think Chiesa by RNC in R3.

I have Chiesa in round 1 or 2. Lee has been Mayweather's personal punching bag. The damage Lee is getting from those ass whooping is going to make Lee very weak and damaged before he enters the fight.

Kevin Lee seems like an extremely likeable person, but I have to favor Chiesa. He just has so much grit and determination. I just don't see Kevin Lee looking particularly good against Chiesa.

If you want to bet on a fight, how about doing some research and watching tape instead of relying on conjectures?

Already did actually. Just wanted to see what sherdog thought. For some reason I wana believe that Chiesa has the cardio advantage but I'm not going to make that assumption. just going to leave that one alone.

Chiesa is gotten to. Lee just has to finish the job in the octagon.

If Lee is disciplined, keeps it simple, stays on the feet, and batters Chiesa on the takedown attempts, i bet he finds the KO sooner rather than later.

But I'm almost sure that at some point, Lee will get sloppy, let Chiesa get inside control in a clinch or something. That big hairy python will take care of business from there.

Chiesa is the better finisher, Lee seems like the overall better fighter. It's Lee's fight to lose.

lee just has better wrestling
MMA isn't reducible to a bunch of other disciplines.

But I bet a folkstyle wrestling match between these two would be closely contested.

KL would absolutely wreck the cheese's shit in a boxing match though, and that will be evident from this fight.

Tell me who wins. Also tell me why or why not.

The odds are pretty much even.

Its a 5 rounds fight and I think it'll be a decision... so whoever has the better cardio will likely come out on top.
Is there any fights where either of these fighters looked tired?

We need a poll up in this muthafucka

Kevin Lee has better striking, wrestling, and bjj. got no chin tho
Lee has better kicking, his kicking game looked far improved in the Trinaldo fight but his hands are terrible and his chin is questionable as heck. He's been working with Mayweather so maybe his hands have approve. Striking is even imo because Chiesa's hands are better but Lee has the better kicks. I also think Chiesa may have better BJJ they're pretty close but I think Lee is a clear favorite in the wrestling department.

Pick em fight for me tbh. Lee has been on a roll, so I'd slightly lean towards him if pressed. I don't see this going the full length though. Someone is getting subbed or tkoed.
Good call. I also think Lee has a questionable chin it might play a factor.

Back