Chaves Jr wants to fight Danny Jacobs

City_Lights

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-jr-ready-bring-on-daniel-jacobs-168-he-beat-golovkin--116444

"I think Jacobs beat Gennady Golovkin, so it would be a good fight, to beat him and win another fight could land me the winner of Canelo and Golovkin, I know things could be better under other conditions. I think [Jacobs] beat GGG and at 168 pounds I want to prove that it's my weight, that Saturday was a bad night, they have to understand that I made a sacrifice, it was a million dollars penalty [for every pound over the contract limit] and they (Canelo and Golden Boy) knew what it was going to cost me and they knew that I would leave everything on the scale. I risked it and it was difficult."

He weighed 164 for the Canelo fight? Would 4 pounds make a world of difference in his case?

Skill level doesnt affect weight. Canelo was on another planet in there

He weighed 164 for the Canelo fight? Would 4 pounds make a world of difference in his case?

It would make a significant difference for Chavez. He is used to fighting around 170 so he would probably look way better at 168 than he did at 164.5 but he still just isn't a very good fighter. He loses when he fights someone good like Sergio and Fonfara and Canelo.

That being said I would love to see Jacobs break Chavez into pieces. It probably wouldn't be on ppv which is always a plus and I think Jacobs would have a really easy time at 168 making that spoiled brat quit again. Hopefully @RR Town likes the idea and cashes in while doing to Chavez what Canelo couldn't. FINISH HIM!!

Even at 168 Chavezito would still lack a clue.

Jacobs hurts him. Badly.

Chavez just isn't a good boxer...he'd get pieced up by Jacobs

Chavez looked so shit vs Canelo that he needs to fight a lower level and build up before anyone outside of Mexico will want to see him against a name again.

Danny would put Jr in the hospital. He should consider hanging them up since its too late for him to get it together.

At 168 he should be going after Rameriez. Rameriez looked bad in his comeback and is ready for a name to take that belt off him.

He must have debts to pay. I can't think of any other reason for him to continue fighting.

Weighing in at 168 might give him a bit more energy, but he's facing a huge skill deficit at the elite level. Nothing will change that.

Is a Chavez Jr fight AT THIS POINT going to make Danny more money than Lemieux or a Charlo???
If so cool. He needs a stay busy fight. I hate saying stuff like this but he retires Chavez Jr.
Levels above Jr. Just like Canelo was. Only bigger.

Yes. When you're at the margins barely making weight, 4 pounds makes a huge difference. You hit a wall when you're cutting weight. The last 2 to 3 pounds are much harder than the first 15 pounds.

That said, Chavez Jr. is just trying to rob the public blind again. Danny would stop him, he knows it and we know it, and he knows we know it. Weak attempt at another cash grab.

If I read one of the articles correctly, I think he said at 168, which might help.

Who knows what was running through his head in that Alvarez fight last Saturday.

I don't think he would last the 12 rounds against Jacobs as durable as he is

He should just take the money and leave... We got enough from him.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone cares to see him fight again after Saturday.

<36>

Chavez Jr needs to fade into Bolivian.

At 168 he should be going after Rameriez. Rameriez looked bad in his comeback and is ready for a name to take that belt off him.
Even Ramirez is likely to beat the shit out of him though

Back