Chattanooga MMA

Man if all you guys could take a break from the Chattanooga scene gossip, could you get around to answering my question.

Do any of the Chattanooga schools have any solid competitors who might be interested in an additional training partner. Knoxville is not far away and I would drive down to Chattanooga from time to time. Just need to know if any place offers Saturday classes and has some people interested in competition training.

28875_1300601677031_1290090152_30737835_136381_n.jpg

I'd rather train here than anywhere. The only place in Chattanooga that teaches legit Gracie Jiu Jitsu

TrollFace-1.png

Last edited:
Man if all you guys could take a break from the Chattanooga scene gossip, could you get around to answering my question.

Do any of the Chattanooga schools have any solid competitors who might be interested in an additional training partner. Knoxville is not far away and I would drive down to Chattanooga from time to time. Just need to know if any place offers Saturday classes and has some people interested in competition training.

I don't really have many guys who compete consistently in Sport Jiu-Jitsu or MMA. Although, my guys who do, typically do well. We are more of a self-defense focused school.

Wow where can I start. Anyone in this area that knows Curtis "Butterbean" Elser know that you can trust about 3% of anything he says. Heard claims that he holds a BJJ blackbelt, Blackbelt in some type of Karate, that his fight team is 38-0 ...etc....etc...etc... Most of us know Bean through when he "trained" at blalocks. This guy has been the punchline of many jokes. He claims to have an extensive fight record. None can be verified. Probably cause it never happened. His dilusions of grandeur seem to be rubbing off on his guys. Hey Josh Jarvis, the XFN title is NOT an official ISKA title. U need to fight some real tallent and not just on Doug Day level shows. He now claims a guy named Marlone. Big heavyweight, seems to have potential. From what I hear Marlone does not even train with him. He didn't have a corner man at one fight and Bean jumped on the opportunity to be his trainer. Guy lives two hours away. Don't waste your time here.

Feel free to post your favorite Butterbean stories here.

Shine the spotlight.

I've only met Curtis 2 or 3 times, but Josh Jarvis used to train with me. He trained with me for a year or two in both Jiu-Jitsu and Thai Boxing. I can tell you that Josh is both talented and tough. He is a scrappy guy with a ton of heart and he would fight anyone they put in front of him I can promise you that. He no longer trains with me, so I have no vested interest in saying that, other than it's the truth.

Last edited:
Im from denver but i find this thread informative and helpful...well done now i know whats up next time im out that way...

I wanna train under someone whose experience in Gracie jiu-jitsu is through a few days of seminars. Anyone know where i can fin that? Oh yeah, Rick Hall.

I've only met Curtis 2 or 3 times, but Josh Jarvis used to train with me. He trained with me for a year or two in both Jiu-Jitsu and Thai Boxing. I can tell you that Josh is both talented and tough. He is a scrappy guy with a ton of heart and he would fight anyone they put in front of him I can promise you that. He no longer trains with me, so I have no vested interest in saying that, other than it's the truth.
I would like to thank you for standing up for Josh Jarvis, He has more heart then anyone I know.

People can talk all the trash they want about me and my school, That just tells me Im in someones thoughts, But please don't talk bad about the fighters. They train hard and fight hard and you can't take that away from them. We have fought 65 fights and won 49 of them. Alot of them were in small shows and some of them were in Big shows. But someone has to fight in the shows, Big or small. I don't beleave in bad mouthing other schools, so I wont. I feel that The Fight Factory, Blalocks IMB and Chattanooga Jiu Jitsu are the Top schools around and have never had anything to say bad about them. I'm a small school about 45 miles away from Chattanooga. I train fighters that can't afford to drive 90 miles aday to train. I charge them $35 a month because there money is tight. I still train in a Gi and take as many siminars as I can so I can pass it on to my Team. I'm not a Black Belt in BJJ and I have trained in alot of arts "Not KARATE". And when it came to Marlone Smith. He asked me if he could train with us because we were like a family at the fights and that is what he wanted. He trains with us on Mon, Tues and Thurs. He has a really good ground game and he is getting better everyday. He has a great Heart . Just remember that everyone does not live in the cities and make alot of money, But they still need some place to go. Everyone is welcome here. It doesnt matter if your a good fighter of not, you get treated just like everyone else. I don't hide who I am. I'm Curtis Elser. Thank You

I would like to thank you for standing up for Josh Jarvis, He has more heart then anyone I know.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate you chiming in for me. All I do is train hard and fight with everything I have. That's all I claim. Well, that and Butterbean is a good trainer and friend who cares about his fighters and loves passing on his knowledge more than making money, and Mickey has better stand-up training than most people know.

Just got to see the XFN fights from Cowboys thursday night on go fight live. If you would like to see them on Gofightlive.com. I will review all the fights as i have time to watch them.

First Michael Doss vs. Nathan Lindsay Don't know much about Doss but this kid Nathan, he looks like he is still in Jr. High School. However, he does not seem to be intimidated by anything. He really does maintain his composure even under the worst circumstances. This time was no different. Doss picks him up pretty much on his shoulders for a big slam, but instead of freaking out he takes the time to lock in the guillotine, rides out the slam and chokes doss out. I have to say I was impressed.

I train at the Chattanooga fight factory. and it was a great place but this is goin to be its last month in operation. so if anyone sees this you know now that there is one less place in chatt town to train. Im 1-0 as an amateur so anyone who would like to train me you can contact me at [email protected].

hey, I've been a member here for a while and really appreciate your analysis of the scene. Do you think you could give an overview of the prices, because I really want to get into MMA now that I have a job and can pay for classes.

hey, I've been a member here for a while and really appreciate your analysis of the scene. Do you think you could give an overview of the prices, because I really want to get into MMA now that I have a job and can pay for classes.

You're responding to a thread created in May 2010, which hasn't had a reply in 18 months.

Just spitballing here, but I wouldn't hold my breath on the TS replying. You're probably better off visiting the local gyms on your own.

Where are you from?

Back