Media Charles Oliveira reveals when he wants to return and gets immediately called out by Gamrot

Yeah, Gamrot (r5) on a 3 fight win streak. Totally makes sense with Oliveira (r2) coming off of a loss.

That’s proper matchmaking, imo. Fight up when you’re winning, and down when you lose, imo.

gamrot sucks. gamrot and benny are really there for the top 15 - 7 a chance to move up in the rankings. unless the ufc creates a tag team division these 2 shouldn't be wasting the time of the top guys at lw.

This fight makes the most sense but I don't really see a path to victory for Gamrot unless he shows something we haven't seen before.

Reactions: JKS
No, Arman should get his titleshot against the winner, enough with the B.S.
I mean, I wouldn't mind a rematch between Arman and Oliveira in a 5 rder. Both beat Dariush but Oliveira did it when Dariush was on an 8 fight win streak. Arman vs Oliveira was a close fight coming down to what was scored higher, the tight choke from Oliveira or Arman landing more strikes. Oliveira finishing Gamrot who beat Tsarukyan and has never been finished would be a big deal.

If Oliveira starches Gamrot could that put him ahead of Tsarukyan for a title shot?

Barring injuries, scheduling, or some other fuckery..

I don’t see how Oliveira could fight down, and leapfrog the number 1 contender that just beat him? I’m pretty sure Tsarukyan has his TS locked down. He will be next after Dustin.

Though if Dustin beats Islam. Islam probably gets the instant rematch. That UAE/SA oil/tourism money is a huge reason to have champions, and top contenders that are Muslims. The UFC bends over for the money. And Team Eagle, and friends know the field is tilted a little in their favour over there.

So, with 2 defences of his LW title against the then, FW champion. Islam could lose to Dustin, and I bet he gets the instant rematch.

Just my opinion.

The most dangerous finisher in UFC vs the least dangerous decision fighter in the UFC.

I mean, I wouldn't mind a rematch between Arman and Oliveira in a 5 rder. Both beat Dariush but Oliveira did it when Dariush was on an 8 fight win streak. Arman vs Oliveira was a close fight coming down to what was scored higher, the tight choke from Oliveira or Arman landing more strikes. Oliveira finishing Gamrot who beat Tsarukyan and has never been finished would be a big deal.

Islam needs to face someone before the end of the year, UFC already fucked up with the UFC 300. Poirier and Arman, then Oliveira if he manage to win or he can challenge for the WW belt.

Gamrot sucks, he's so lucky and his win against Tsarukyan was a robbery.

If Oliveira starches Gamrot could that put him ahead of Tsarukyan for a title shot? July is just a month after Makhachev vs Poirier so I doubt Islam will already have another fight booked yet. I know it would be a short training camp but it might be smart for him to try and get on UFC 303 on June 29th. Put on an impressive performance in the co-main of a Conor card and I'm sure that'll score you some points.
Yes it could. Oliveira lost a close fight to arman, and arman is about to be suspended for 6-12 months. (This is just my theory)

Gamrot vs Oliveira might be next for the title shot against Islam

Last edited:
Yes it could. Oliveira lost a close fight to arman, and arman is about to be suspended for 6-12 months.

6-12 months?? That is confirmed??

For the fan punch.

Yes it could. Oliveira lost a close fight to arman, and arman is about to be suspended for 6-12 months.

Why ? Source ? Because he punched a "fan" ? Soft...

Update: Charles responds to the call-out

Ty for posting response.

Oliveira is my favorite fighter, but he’s wrong here. And he will almost certainly change his mind.

Gamrot is the right fight. If he wants to fight in July, poirer, gaethje, and anyone else is off the table. Islam is not fighting again that soon so I don’t think it’s worth it waiting for his fight with poirer to end.

Arman may be getting suspended. Oliviera can fight gamrot or else wait to fight Islam/poirer winner in abu Dabi.

2 options… but if he’s coming off a loss, Islam will work to avoid him, and for a fair reason

Gamrot is the only fight in the division that really makes sense for him, I think that's what they'll make.

I'd like to see Oliveira vs Fiziev more but Fiziev probably isn't ready & doesn't deserve that fight coming off two losses. Although they apparently did try to book him vs Poirier recently before BSD was chosen instead.

It's such a good fight, too!

Gamrot isn't watertight with his wrestling, and has been reversed a bunch of times - he's very slippery, tenacious and great at scrambling, though.

There will be tons of opportunities for chaos here!

Well......the only guys ahead are Islam and Arman. He just fought Arman. I don't think Charles thought this through.

If he wants to fight in July/August then Gamrot is the only option. Poirier is fighting Islam, he just fought Arman, and everyone else is behind him.

Gamrot is the only fight.

Update: Charles responds to the call-out

Bit of a head scratcher. He's already fought everybody else in the top 5, and none of them are available this summer. Gaethje's out for 6 months, Poirier and Islam are fighting, and Arman isn't going to give up his title shot for an instant rematch with Charles, so Gamrot is the next highest guy.

He's right, Gamrot isn't big enough of a name for Charles :)

Guy's in an awkward spot; couldn't beat Arman, can't beat Islam, Poirier's tied up, and Gaethje just got KO'd. Conor would never fight him. Gamrot fight makes sense because there's virtually nobody else.

Back