Challenge: 700 push-ups in under 9 hours.

Tasar

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Last Saturday I fulfilled a promise to myself. I had done 500 push-ups on one day on different occasions (meaning days) and I felt I could try some more. A thousand was too tough for me, but 700 seemed to be within reach. I ended up doing them in a bit over 8 hours.
I know you guys train too (or at least most of you) and I wonder if any of you are willing to change one of your training days to a "very simple" one - meaning doing "only" push-ups - 700 of them on one day or under 9 hours.
With all due respect - I would love to hear what it was like, how it felt, if you ever had to fight through or if it was not that big of a deal.

I filmed myself while I did it and tried to "pimp" the video with a little bit of sense of humour, but whatever, here it is:

Let me know if anybody would be up for the challenge,

Thanks,

Bernd

No offence, but not a single person alive is going to watch a 25 minute long video of you doing the same movement 700 times in a row.

That said, it's cool to do challenges like this once in a while to break up the monotony of training, but I wouldn't replace real training with something stupid like do 700 pushups in a day.

Sure ill do it this saturday after work. Im going to do it from 6 to 10. Be back later

No offence, but not a single person alive is going to watch a 25 minute long video of you doing the same movement 700 times in a row.

That said, it's cool to do challenges like this once in a while to break up the monotony of training, but I wouldn't replace real training with something stupid like do 700 pushups in a day.

Unless there were a couple of ladies in the video aiii aiii

But on a serious note, I'd have tried it if it wasn't chest/shoulders day tomm.
-Most I've done in a day were only 420(2 sets of countdown from 20 (20...19..18...17...etc.)

My question is how did it feel the next day? Even with a good work capacity that's gotta reek havoc on your triceps.

Unless there were a couple of ladies in the video aiii aiii

But on a serious note, I'd have tried it if it wasn't chest/shoulders day tomm.
-Most I've done in a day were only 420(2 sets of countdown from 20 (20...19..18...17...etc.)
Just after a while of doing that, I would guess you will stay having shoulder pain from that high volume pushing. I try to keep my shoulders healthy so I keep my pushing and pulling to a 1:3 ratio. One set of bench press and I do 3 sets of various high rows

My question is how did it feel the next day? Even with a good work capacity that's gotta reek havoc on your triceps.
I had almost no muscle ache, probably because I am used to do lots of push ups and training. But I did not feel very well the next day overall. It just had to do with the mental side of it, it did take quite some effort to mentally keep going.

That's just amazing, I was planning to do something similar but not ~700 push-ups. Jeez you are the beast! Tomorrow I will try to do 200 in the morning.

Nice work, the pushup is probably the most underrated upper body exercise of all time. People don't realize just how strong you can get by reping out hundreds of pushups.

I used to do as much a 1,000 push-ups in a day.

Really not that hard, just do 20, 30, then 50, 50 again, 20, 30, 50, etc. Rinse and repeat taking breaks in-between.

You can do this all day while also eating lunch and dinner during that timespan.

Really a waste of time if you have school/a job though.

Last Saturday I fulfilled a promise to myself. I had done 500 push-ups on one day on different occasions (meaning days) and I felt I could try some more. A thousand was too tough for me, but 700 seemed to be within reach. I ended up doing them in a bit over 8 hours.
I know you guys train too (or at least most of you) and I wonder if any of you are willing to change one of your training days to a "very simple" one - meaning doing "only" push-ups - 700 of them on one day or under 9 hours.
With all due respect - I would love to hear what it was like, how it felt, if you ever had to fight through or if it was not that big of a deal.

I filmed myself while I did it and tried to "pimp" the video with a little bit of sense of humour, but whatever, here it is:

Let me know if anybody would be up for the challenge,

Thanks,

Bernd

I remember this post; how did it go?
What are you doing per day now?

I remember this post; how did it go?
What are you doing per day now?
I do push-ups almost every day, but I do running and dumbbell training too. So - it differs from day to day - there are days on which I do 100 push ups, on others I do 200 or 250 or 300 push ups. But it's not like I do 500 push-ups or more on a daily basis - I need a little energy for work too :)
Did you find the time to use one of your training days for the "challenge"? Let me know, bro.

I do push-ups almost every day, but I do running and dumbbell training too. So - it differs from day to day - there are days on which I do 100 push ups, on others I do 200 or 250 or 300 push ups. But it's not like I do 500 push-ups or more on a daily basis - I need a little energy for work too :)
Did you find the time to use one of your training days for the "challenge"? Let me know, bro.

Got up to 480 one day but I started pretty late(around 1300 in the afternoon)

Figure it's a good challenge on days when I do not have access to the gym for 3+ days or something to do every month or so
-Regular gym training regimen requires me to rest on specific days; so push-ups can't happen too often.

I'll let you know when I hit 700 haha

Used to do much too when I was doing kyokushin karate..

At some point I was doing 10 sets of 50 in around half an hour..
Not much interest though, save muscular endurance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back