Challenge: 700 push-ups in under 9 hours.

Side view shot would be better. Tough to see your form.

I used to slam out 100 pushups at a time in in probably a minute and a half, but they were explosive pushups. I never timed myself, but I was motoring. If I had 9 hours I could probably do Hershel Walker type numbers doing them like that, once I got back into doing them.

If you do pushups and leave a couple "in the hole" you'll find you build your numbers up very quickly. Stop short of failure. Good tip I read from Ross Enamait.

Back when I was 23 I was training to do a push up only routine for chest. I Got to the point where I was able to do 1,000 in an hour. If you split the push ups into increments of 250 push ups every 15 minutes and you change hand position while doing them it's very achievable.

Back when I was 23 I was training to do a push up only routine for chest. I Got to the point where I was able to do 1,000 in an hour. If you split the push ups into increments of 250 push ups every 15 minutes and you change hand position while doing them it's very achievable.
That means you did one push up every 3 seconds which basically means you did push ups for 1 hour straight without a break really. Sounds almost unbelievable to me.

That means you did one push up every 3 seconds which basically means you did push ups for 1 hour straight without a break really. Sounds almost unbelievable to me.

It would be every 3.6 seconds a push up. But if you're trained to do that I don't think it's that difficult to do. Plus the world record, if I'm not mistaken, is 2,220 in an hour so 1000, to me at least isn't unfathomable. Plus like I said, I was mixing up hand position which helped out a lot.

Back