Chael "The American Blanket" Sonnen

He's fighting a dangerous striker and he's a dangerous grappler. He was able to impose his will and made it a Chael fight instead of a Wanderlei fight. I know what you're saying though.

He is good at taking people down, no doubt about that. But do we want to watch it?

Can't hate on Chael....Silva has been in the game long enough to learn to sop a basic takedown. That was a pathetic performance -

this is news to you?

Wanderlei just flopped to his ass at every takedown attempt and cant get up

I was disappointed Chael didn't mess up Wanderlei since it was a grudge match, and he got mount, then switched to side mount then wanted mount again, and Wanderlei was defenseless against takedowns and couldn't get up. GSP would have beat both of them regardless of size disadvantage.

Lay and pray in a grudge match is not something the fans wanted to see.
Chael's GnP is a joke. The guy can't hurt an ant with it.

Lay and pray in a grudge match is not something the fans wanted to see.
Chael's GnP is a joke. The guy can't hurt an ant with it.

I think he'd beat you within an inch of your life and make you cry.

Can't hate on Chael....Silva has been in the game long enough to learn to sop a basic takedown. That was a pathetic performance -

Basic TD or not, Chael is a hell of a wrestler. He timed his TD's very well as usual and has great drive and angles, if that makes sense, can't word it as well as I'd like to.

Stopping a TD from a wrestler as good as Chael isn't exactly easy. He takes down basically everybody he fights and often keeps them there for awhile.

Chael does this to most. It may have seemed like Wand did zero TDD training or whatever, but you know how Chael is. He's very good at this.

That blanket is pretty good at dominating washed up brazilians though.

TS, the

cute-crying-baby-e1444723335206-519x400.jpg

Sherdogger

Chael's wrestling is why he's here. That's his main skill. Why wouldn't he use it? Silva either has lost a few steps, or he didn't train for take down defense at all. Or ring rust. Chael tossed him around like a rag doll. Zero difficulty. I'm almost surprised it wasn't 30-26 on all cards. Silva's "attempt" at a choke is probably what kept that from happening.... By the way Sonnen's pizzeria in West Linn, Oregon is good stuff. (I think he might have sold it though. Called "Mean Streets". LOL)

I was disappointed Chael didn't mess up Wanderlei since it was a grudge match, and he got mount, then switched to side mount then wanted mount again, and Wanderlei was defenseless against takedowns and couldn't get up. GSP would have beat both of them regardless of size disadvantage.
Yeah it looked like Sonnen was setting up an arm triangle but kept fucking up which side he was going for.

Basic TD or not, Chael is a hell of a wrestler. He timed his TD's very well as usual and has great drive and angles, if that makes sense, can't word it as well as I'd like to.

Stopping a TD from a wrestler as good as Chael isn't exactly easy. He takes down basically everybody he fights and often keeps them there for awhile.

Chael does this to most. It may have seemed like Wand did zero TDD training or whatever, but you know how Chael is. He's very good at this.
Don't disagree at all. The outcome of this fight was fully predictable; still am surprised at how completely helpless Wand was to stuff even one takedown. Tip of the hat to Sonnen.

That's weird, that blanket pummeled the shit out of Wand in the first round. That blanket even went for a few sub attempts.

Wanderlei looked absolutely horrible. as good as Sonnen's TDs are, it almost felt like Wand had no reflexes at all to stuff it. I think he was still swinging the first time he got taken down. Very CMPunkesque. Wand's striking was also kind of all over the place, and his inability to finish Sonnen was depressing.

So basically what I expected. Love Wanderlei Silva for his heart and awesome fights.

I paid to watch that. But moving forward I won't drop a cent on Chael. He talks about being such a badass but doesn't back it up in his fights.

Back