Chael "The American Blanket" Sonnen

Lay and pray in a grudge match is not something the fans wanted to see.
Chael's GnP is a joke. The guy can't hurt an ant with it.
Yeah but at the very least he tries unlike some people...

It must be embarrassing to lose every round to a blanket

That wasn't LNP

Chael was landing huge GNP when wanderlei actually was trying to go for submissions and escapes

Then wand gave up and just tried to break posture and tie chaels arms up to give up the decision without getting beat up that much. Even then chael was passing guard and going for subs

I paid to watch that. But moving forward I won't drop a cent on Chael. He talks about being such a badass but doesn't back it up in his fights.

This is the wrong fight to be saying this. Against Tito and Evans, yeah...you could say he didn't back it up(or he took a legit dive).

This was a TYPICAL Chael-Sonnen fight where he did what HE planned to do. If you were expecting Chael to KO someone, you haven't paying much attention to his career as a whole. lol.

He landed a flying knee to start the second and was going for submissions against an opponent who was in full defense mode. Can't expect more than that.

This is the wrong fight to be saying this. Against Tito and Evans, yeah...you could say he didn't back it up(or he took a legit dive).

This was a TYPICAL Chael-Sonnen fight where he did what HE planned to do. If you were expecting Chael to KO someone, you haven't paying much attention to his career as a whole. lol.
I've always thought he was a boring fighter. Like a John fitch with a mouth.

I've always thought he was a boring fighter. Like a John fitch with a mouth.

Interesting comparison. Though I think Chael has better wrestling than Fitch but I digress...

Back