Chael Sonnen's resume

Chael beating Fedor would be one of the most hilarious thing I've ever seen

Chael would have wins over all the biggest names in pride

Awesome! And loses to Prangley, Griffin, Horn x3 lol, Babalu, Filho, Maia, Rashad and TITO lmao. This is fun. Seriously though, Sonnen has fought everybody.

Doesn't botter because the wins nowadays count for nothing since they're all pretty much retired.

The Shogun loss was hard to see though.
I was there live , was a sad night but the party on the streets of Boston after was popping

I actually think he would beat Frank Mir now that I've had time to really think about it since it's a real possibility that they fight next. Frank is a submission beast, so I actually think Chael would opt to keep it standing. Frank is not great at offensive wrestling and Chael would be so much faster than Mir on the feet that I think he would pick him apart while avoiding any big shots or takedowns from Mir. Chael's got some decent striking that he displayed once again against Rampage. He prefers to wrestle, but against a guy as dangerous and strong as Mir, I don't think he'd want to try to spend three rounds in Frank's guard. I'd take Chael by UD in a standup fight.
I would be pretty surprised, but Chael is a smart guy, so it is not impossible. Chael used to do boxing when younger, and his standup is ok.

Considering he's picking them off in their twilight years, it makes me feel like he's the MMA equivalent of a vulture.

A gangster vulture, though.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Four-Pack Revolution, UFC champion Chael Sonnen's guide to how to live a healthy life in a sustainable way, is in stores now! Get your copy today!

Four-Pack_cover.jpg

Amazon: click here!
Barnes & Noble: click here!
goatse: don't click here!
How can I get the sensational pecs and biceps of teh Chael.

If they are in their worst shape ever and still fighting than they are either depleted from prior ped use or just fighting for a paycheck. If that’s the case, than they deserve to have their legacies shit on by Chael Pee Sonnen.

since he is making career of beating pride fc legends, would love to see him fight cro cop

Yeah but he didn't start as early as Wand, for example. Wand was doing bare-knuckle NHB fights when Chael was still a college wrestler.
Wand was fighting the van Arsdale's and Vitor's of the world when Chael was sitting in math class.

Even when Chael got into MMA he didn't start fighting decent competition until 2004ish. Wand was already through the ringer at that point as an 8 year vet.
It's not the same.
This all the way home.

I respect Chael. It doesnt seem he hits hard, but he does have the most important thing I want to see from a fighter: aggression. I like that about him.

And these wins are nice on a resume.

But anyone with a half decent perspective on this sport knows these wins have a lower value than they would have ten years ago. All these guys are way past their prime and to be fair, Chael couldnt even get past broken skull Tito in his retirement fight.

Didnt think he'd beat Page doe

People saying hes fighting guys out of their prime are in denial, Chael himself has been at the arse end of his own career too for years. He's also way past his own prime.
His all around game is better than theirs, thats why he's beating them, hes beating guys that never evolved and never learned how to stop a dominant wrestling offence.

Wanderlei is one of the slopppiest fighters i've witnessed, absolute carnage, entertaining but not a great fighter. Shit Bisping ragdolled him at times, it's no wonder Chael was able to do the same.

Rampage has always been the same, fights someone that doesn't bang bro and they are a bitch, no, Rampage just never evolved, trained or ate correctly. What type of so called "modern day" fighter still hasn't implemented a leg kick. Jesus.

Shogun again, great on the feet, but gets man handled by anyone that can grapple. Shogun may have been the only dude if he was younger that would have caught Chael and submitted him.

As much as it may pain some of you to accept it, Chaels an all round better MMA fighter than these guys.

chael by tko against fedor... 2:04 of 1st round.

Wrestlers always do better at old age than strikers. It has been like that forever. Without the random tests, it is also much easier for the older guys to stay competitive.

But you are wrong about Chael being a mid level fighter. He has always been world class, and a top ranked fighter for years, but I don't see him beating Mir or Fedor.

I don't see him outwrestling Mir, but I strangely enough think he could be Fedor. Am I crazy?

I think Mir will just lean on him like Mir did to Roy.

He kept taking steroids after the others stopped, so he's gaining years back on them while they age badly.

His wrestling is still good enough to beat up old busted up veterans who barely train. I'll give him credit for still training every day.

Back