Chael Sonnen on the Jim Rome Show - TRT and 'LeBron James Is a Dork'

Good point. I guess if you were approaching it from that avenue then yes Baseball does require more skill than meets the eye, then again you specialize in one or two positions while in Basketball you have to effectively know EVERY position if you want to be successful at yours.

It could also mean that people that participate in sports like Archery on a high level are the most skilled athletes...I think hitting a baseball or a golf ball would be easier than being an archer

Lebron vs Chael would be good fight. i would say Sonnen could decision him

lol are you serious?? chael would take him down and sub him immediately or stand and kick his ass if he really wanted. im scared how dumb people are these days :eek:

chael would fuck up lebron lol

just like roger huerta did that texas LB

I don't get how MMAth doesn't work, but this does...now all of a sudden any 5ft mma fighter is a favorite to beat the brakes off of any professional athlete of any size...

Who's the guy next to Chael that thinks what Chael said about world titles in so insane?

He says 'you think if we go to Chile and beat their team that it means something?'

Errr yeah it does.....some Americans truly believe America is the only important country on the planet, it's astounding.

America IS the only important country on the panet... 'Merica!

Yeah I don't get how people on an MMA forum can be fucking oblivious to this fact.

It's like suggesting that Leo Messi will score more hockey penalty shots in a contest with, say, Pavel Datsyuk (detroit red wings). Sure Messi is richer, more talented and more successful in his sport, but as far as shooting penalty shots with a puck, with skates on your feet, on ice, with a stick........Pavel datsyuk would win that contest even if he was seriously, seriously intoxicated. He would also win any other contest that has anything to do with hockey skills, or taking physical punishment since the sport is tougher. Goes without saying that on the soccer pitch, Messi would absolutely walk all over Datsyuk.

It is completely and utterly idiotic to think that either one, Lebron or Ray, would have a snowballs chance in hell against ANY UFC fighter within maybe 80lbs. And they definitely would not have any chance against The Gangster.

How much martial Arts experience did brock Lesnar have before he became champion...I'm pretty sure he would've had more than a "snowball's chance in hell" against any UFC fighter...even the gangster

How much martial Arts experience did brock Lesnar have before he became champion...I'm pretty sure he would've had more than a "snowball's chance in hell" against any UFC fighter...even the gangster

Comparing a huge, accomplished amateur wrestler, winning the NCAA heavyweight wrestling championship to basketball players....

tumblr_mbxxlpW7Gi1rn6v9j.gif

im scared how dumb people are these days :eek:

Me too.

Some people here must harbour some delusions that they would have some sort of a chance against a UFC fighter, if they allow themselves to think great athleticism matters.

Any welter-middle-LHW or heavy would absolutely beat the living shit out of both of the mentioned guys.

Or are there seriously people who are so delusional here that you think a Rory McDonald for example would not own Ray or Lebron? Demian Maia wouldn't? GTFO

They would all wreck Lebron or Ray or both.

Comparing a huge, accomplished amateur wrestler, winning the NCAA heavyweight wrestling championship to basketball players....

tumblr_mbxxlpW7Gi1rn6v9j.gif

I was more or less comparing him to a Ray Lewis, who was a 2 time Florida state wrestling champ while applying considerably more time and effort into being a football player...I'm not saying that Ray would definately beat anyone, I'm just saying he is at the very least (being conservative) close to brock as far as being a physical specimen, that has some combat/fighting credentials...I don't see how people say it would be a walk in the park for Sonnen.

Me too.

Some people here must harbour some delusions that they would have some sort of a chance against a UFC fighter, if they allow themselves to think great athleticism matters.

Any welter-middle-LHW or heavy would absolutely beat the living shit out of both of the mentioned guys.

Or are there seriously people who are so delusional here that you think a Rory McDonald for example would not own Ray or Lebron? Demian Maia wouldn't? GTFO

They would all wreck Lebron or Ray or both.

No idea. I try to tell people all the time the difference. I came from a standup fighting background and got in the ring with a certain fighter who will be on the Fight Master (Bellator show)who could be considered "b-level". Needless to say he took me down and controlled me easily. Your striking or athleticism doesn't mean shit when you are on your back eating elbows and cement floor.

Especially when these athletes aren't even trained in any art let alone one.

I don't see how people say it would be a walk in the park for Sonnen.

Because Chael knows every bit of fighting 100 times better than Ray Lewis does. Chael is a better wrestler, Chael is a FAR better boxer, BJJ artist, kickboxing....anything you name it he is 100 better at than Ray fucking Lewis.

And they are the same size, or maybe 10lbs different.

Lewis has absolutely no chance.

It could also mean that people that participate in sports like Archery on a high level are the most skilled athletes...I think hitting a baseball or a golf ball would be easier than being an archer

For as long as I can remember, I've always heard that hitting a major league fastball is the hardest thing to do in professional sports. How one arrives at that conclusion, I do not know. But a quick Google search turned up this link, which seems to corroborate that claim.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/ten-hardest-splash.htm

Not to mention that archery is a far more useful skill. If you learn some woodworking skills along with it, you could survive in any situation. It's hard to top the ability to hunt your own food and defend yourself from threats using cheap, easily accessible materials.

I don't get how MMAth doesn't work, but this does...now all of a sudden any 5ft mma fighter is a favorite to beat the brakes off of any professional athlete of any size...

Chael is 6'1. And its not mma math, its that one person is a trained fighter, while one is trained to dribble and throw a ball through a hoop.

Because Chael knows every bit of fighting 100 times better than Ray Lewis does. Chael is a better wrestler, Chael is a FAR better boxer, BJJ artist, kickboxing....anything you name it he is 100 better at than Ray fucking Lewis.

And they are the same size, or maybe 10lbs different.

Lewis has absolutely no chance.

If Chael's weight is around 230, then he's only like 20-25 pounds lighter than Brock, so that 15 pound difference is what separates Chael most likely getting beat from an oppenent that has absolutely no chance? right...

Chael is 6'1. And its not mma math, its that one person is a trained fighter, while one is trained to dribble and throw a ball through a hoop.

I know Chael is 6 1, but people bring up that fight WHENEVER there is a discussion about another athelete of any size fighting an MMA guy of any size...I for one would not be surprised if a professional athlete that outweighs an MMA athlete by a considerable amount happened to beat the MMA guy down...at some point physics does matter...Floyd Mayweather would probably get beat down by some NFL lineman in a fight

I'm not going back and reading it all, but has this thread really turned into Chael Vs. Lebron James/Ray Lewis? AND some people actually think either of Lebron James or Ray Lewis would be competitive in an MMA contest? Oh wow, that's actually kinda ridiculous.

Sonnen talks too much. Lebron would never trade places with Sonnen. Lebron makes more in a day than Sonnen makes in a year. In addition, Sonnen has been submitted too many times, got into trouble with his real estate business and has been using TRT. Last, Sonnen doesn't own a belt in the UFC. It's one thing to clown other fighters in the UFC, but don't go looking to critique people in other sports when you have extensive baggage. Makes you look like a douche with low IQ. I don't dislike Sonnen, but he does grate on you with his over the top persona. I don't like the fake wrestling persona.

I played Basketball in College and my football team in High School won state. Football takes more size than it does skill, believe me. If you aren't big period, you can't play football at the top level. And Golf is a hobby, not a sport.

Good post. Alot more players could go from the NBA to the NFL than vice versa.

I was more or less comparing him to a Ray Lewis, who was a 2 time Florida state wrestling champ while applying considerably more time and effort into being a football player...I'm not saying that Ray would definately beat anyone, I'm just saying he is at the very least (being conservative) close to brock as far as being a physical specimen, that has some combat/fighting credentials...I don't see how people say it would be a walk in the park for Sonnen.

Perhaps, but Brock was/is much more accomplished/proven.Who knows how he would have done had he put all his focus into wrestling?

Physical specimen =/= Great fighter

Sure, an athletic, huge guy with a minimum amount of some effective combat history in his past will be competitive against the vast majority of people in the world- even against smaller pros. Size matters, however, Sonnen is much more accomplished, better at fighting (competes at the highest level) and a big guy himself. He had take him down, with arguably the best double in the business, and GNP him to oblivion.

Back