Chael said Uriah is the best... in front of Kelvin

Well, let's be honest here, I don't think many people give Kelvin too much of a chance if Uriah's head is in the game.
There's actually quite a bit of noise about Kelvin potentially pulling the upset, because he might very well be able to stiffle Hall's striking with a Sonnen-like gameplan, ie constant grinding and takedowns, he's certainly got the body-type for it.

Probably, which is good coaching... for Uriah. But it probably puts seeds of doubt into Kelvin that he can't beat Uriah if Uriah's head is in the game.

Kelvins mind is strong, he knows what's up and he doesn't give a fuck

Young Rocky

Kelvins mind is strong, he knows what's up and he doesn't give a fuck

Young Rocky

Maybe, but there's a video of Uriah hanging out with Ronda now (and Uriah mentions how she likes black guys...). If Uriah is sticking it to Ronda, then that might play with Kelvin's head!

Good point TS, I was thinking...."isn't Kelvin there too?"

Seems a little odd that Chael would paint a huge target on Hall's back. Also, telling a guy how awesome he is non-stop can be detrimental in the long run. He might develop a false sense of confidence in his abilites and it'll potentially backfire.

WTF TS?

You know Sonnen isn't going to be coaching either of the guys.

At this point, he can proclaim Uriah to be the MMA Messiah (which he did) - it's over. Sonnen stops being coach when both his guys win.

Unless he goes total asshole and coaches one against the other.

Chael seemed to make a point of saying "right now" so the unedited version may have been more about Hall is ready to go while Kelvin is young and still has to gain experience.

Oops, he is still a great motivational coach. :icon_lol: That is what drives Kelvin to work harder than his said to be superior opponents.

i thought the same thing, then realized how tuf edits the shit out of everything.
i think kelvin might get the upset, i can feel it, i can smell it.

I had the same feeling but then I thought maybe it could have been directed towards both of them? and the parts where Chael was talking solely about Uriah, was narrating the scene or at least edited out of a different part? :icon_neut

Dont think Chael knew that Kelvin was in the finale yet when he said it. Dont have proof ofc but yeah. He has been very humble and sincere with everyone on the show. So doubt he did this to hurt anyones feelings.

That being said, i think Kelvin can easily drop to welterweight and that would make the story even more true :).

Didn't he also say at the end that based on training it's a near 50/50 fight? :icon_conf

Didn't he also say at the end that based on training it's a near 50/50 fight? :icon_conf

He did, but an abusive alcoholic can tells you he loves you after giving you a beating and it doesn't undo the damage (sorry for the over-the-top analogy).

I think it's generally understood between teammates that while some guys are obviously indeed better than others, everyone pretty much gets told some version of, "you're the best and you're a monster," before they step into the cage.

Not Dylan Andrews of team Jones. He got various coaches telling him repeatedly he was not supposed to be there.

Well, let's be honest here, I don't think many people give Kelvin too much of a chance if Uriah's head is in the game.

I do. He has the confidence in his abilities to step up and fight guys older, bigger, and more experienced and not only fights them, but wins, not just win but finishes them.

He's got heart and tenacity, those 2 things have proven to me over the years of watching MMA, that they can over come talent, skill, speed, strength, and athletcism.

Heart and tenacity are what make upsets happen.

I am sure he hyped up Kelvin the same way before his fight, they just didn't show it. Its a hour long, can't show everything.

Back