Chad from Extreme Couture

SummerStriker

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This guy can talk this way because he has self respect.

Yea I visited and trained with him for a day when I visited Vegas this past December. Extremely welcoming, extremely respectful, and they even invited me to stay for an extra class specifically with their competition guys (not trying to be exclusive or hide anything)

Good positive attitude. Good thoughts. I know dudes personally that have been shunned due to this stupid bjj political bullshit.

Yeah. I've taken his class once or twice. I thought dude was really enlightened.

Damn he was trying hard not to offend anyone! LOL
In my observations, the best academies aren't concerned about students training elsewhere. The academies that are most concerned with that stuff are the ones that have the least to offer. Their main concern is losing the student. "Creonteism" is more of a marketing/student retention ploy more than anything. The same instructors that talk down on people being creontes will still sign up a creote for a 1 year membership.

Cross training and creonte is different but it is still funny.

I know one instructor that would attend an advanced open mats for his own personal gain but he is against having his students cross training or having students dropping in for a roll or 2.

Hypocrite

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back