Cellphones At Concerts

He used to, at least. Ha

That's sad that even Axl is so washed up that he quit standing up for what he believes in. I wish he'd get his security to confiscate some cellphones and crush them right under his boot onstage. That would send a strong message. If it were my band playing the tickets would say "No recording device of any kind allowed. Any recording devices found will be confiscated."

Can't really stop it, though I some guys like Jack White try to. Which is good as it is annoying imo, why can't people just enjoy the show in the moment? I was at St Vincent last month and these people have no sense of irony, still took their phones out and recorded Digital Witness, which is exactly about that kind of thing:

"Digital witnesses, what's the point of even sleeping?
If I can't show it, if you can't see me
What's the point of doing anything?"
How was she live? I recently started listening to her and dig the stuff i've heard so far. She's playing nearby soon, and i checked out tickets, but they got bought up and are being re-sold at more money than i wanted to pay.

Lol this doesn't happen at metal shows.

I take a few vids/pics for teh gram and that's it. Phone is in my bag for the rest of the show.

Lol this doesn't happen at metal shows.

I take a few vids/pics for teh gram and that's it. Phone is in my bag for the rest of the show.
Were either too busy moshing/headbanging, or standing with our arms crossed, silently judging their performances lol

What kills me is the idiots who use flash on their phones at concerts.

Bitch it doesn't do shit but light up the guy in front of you's head and it pisses off the band

How was she live? I recently started listening to her and dig the stuff i've heard so far. She's playing nearby soon, and i checked out tickets, but they got bought up and are being re-sold at more money than i wanted to pay.

Pretty good, bit different than all the previous live videos I had seen because she didn't have a band. It was a bit more on the artsy performance scale of things, maybe she's been hanging around David Byrne too much lol but I would have rather seen her with an actual band. Instead she just plays solo guitar with backing stuff through the speakers, still pretty awesome don't get me wrong though, and she can definitely shred the fuck out of the guitar.

I used to be that guy who would be annoying and record the whole show on my camera /phone. I had a change of heart though in the last 5 Years or so, I'll take a couple pictures during the set (usually when it starts and then if something stands out like a cool set piece) but I turn my phone off and just enjoy the show.

I used to be that guy who would be annoying and record the whole show on my camera /phone. I had a change of heart though in the last 5 Years or so, I'll take a couple pictures during the set (usually when it starts and then if something stands out like a cool set piece) but I turn my phone off and just enjoy the show.

You ever ruin a Ghost show for me and i'll cut your hands off :)

Back