CBO: Trillion Dollar Deficits are Back!!! #MAGA

Look, I've said it a 1000 times. I believe the president is responsible for what happens when he's in office. Fact is Obama left us with record high debt and deficit and you guys are calling Trump out for it.

Everything bad that happened during the Obama admin was Bush's fault and then he gets credit over 25% of the way through the next presidents term for anything good that happens. Its a fucking joke.

You don't think policies enacted by one president last past their final day in office? Like the guy leaving is a magical reset button?

Last edited:
Look, I've said it a 1000 times. I believe the president is responsible for what happens when he's in office. Fact is Obama left us with record high debt and deficit and you guys are calling Trump out for it.

Everything bad that happened during the Obama admin was Bush's fault and then he gets credit over 25% of the way through the next presidents term for anything good that happens. Its a fucking joke.
That's not logical , Bush shoulders some of the blame for the shitty economy he left Obama, Obama gets some credit for the strong economy he left Trump , see the consistency?

Nope. I don't take it personally when others disagree with me. It's one of my strengths.

I say you are hackish because of the consistently petty and hackish nature of your responses to me. There are many people who disagree with me right here itt who are not petty hacks.

There is nothing hackish in anything I said, though. It's a simple fact that on the issue of deficits, there is a large difference between the two parties. You can agree or disagree with either of them on it, but the fact remains.

There is nothing hackish in anything I said, though. It's a simple fact that on the issue of deficits, there is a large difference between the two parties. You can agree or disagree with either of them on it, but the fact remains.

And that's obviously not the part I was claiming hackish or petty.

What I was referring to is the strange and obsessive way you slander people. It's unnecessary and detracts from your arguments. Ad hominems are a logical fallacy, and yet you are addicted to them.

I've always felt you are better than that, but you constantly prove me wrong.

And that's obviously not the part I was claiming hackish or petty.

What I was referring to is the strange and obsessive way you slander people. It's unnecessary and detracts from your arguments. Ad hominems are a logical fallacy, and yet you are addicted to them.

I've always felt you are better than that, but you constantly prove me wrong.

I don't slander anyone, and your insistence that I do is a slander.

Also, ad hominems are a logical fallacy if the form is: "X says Y; X is a Z; therefore Y is false." It's not a fallacy to point out that you're being dishonest.

If you want to start from the beginning, I made two claims.

First, the deficit is revenue-spending. So I said that it's a meaningless platitude to say that revenue isn't the problem, spending is, if the discussion is about deficits (separate from the deficit issue, one can express a preference for targeting one element or the other). It's false if you say that the rise is attributable to spending more than revenue cuts.

Second, the two parties are extremely different on the issue, and bothsidesism here is wrong.

Last edited:
BTW, here's revenue since 1970:

fredgraph.png

And here's spending:

fredgraph.png

Here's the portion of the population over 65 (growth here puts upward pressure on spending):

fredgraph.png

Higher projected deficits are mostly related to falling revenue. To the extent that we expect spending increases, it's mostly related to the third graph here.

Interesting note: The size of the gap attributable specifically to the Trump cuts is about the same as the difference between current SS spending and peak SS spending (i.e., the funding gap that we expect for SS spending to increase was just more than doubled).

Last edited:
Back