Castillo shooter acquitted

i hate all this "fuck the police" "racist cops" and BLM bullshit, but this is fucked up. Clearly the cop should be arrested for manslaughter, if not murder. RIP again to Philandro Castillo

This is a travesty. Being on THC doesn't give someone the right to kill you.

All police officers are saints and this brave hero did nothing wrong.

boot-licker-1-752690.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've seen, it seems like the right verdict.

Without the video the jury saw, we'll never know what really happened but this doesn't smell right. However 10 out of 12 jurors disagreed

I just saw this story on the NBC Nightly News. It's funny how they were race baiting it. " A jury of 10 white people and two black people found the defendant not guilty." Was printed on the screen as Lester Holt read the line. Even though the cop was Hispanic they still have to try and blame whitey some how.

What a load of BS.

I guess fat lawsuit comes along and taxpayer ends up paying for cop misconduct.

This the fella who has his death live streamed by his GF? NRA totally outed themselves with their silence on this one as IIRC Philandro was a legal carrier and was shot by a jumpy cop because of it.

I just saw this story on the NBC Nightly News. It's funny how they were race baiting it. " A jury of 10 white people and two black people found the defendant not guilty." Was printed on the screen as Lester Holt read the line. Even though the cop was Hispanic they still have to try and blame whitey some how.
What a ridiculous assertion. The American hate for the brown people is going out of control. We had nothing to do with this and get over it.

This man is clearly not even Hispanic. He is southeast Asian. Even the victim's girlfriend said so when they first posted this incident on Facebook.

But us brown people are always the scapegoat when blacks and whites go at it. Overtime, this southeast Asian police officer was suddenly morphed into a hispanic police officer. He is only considered "Hispanic" because it fits the narrative of politics today.

It's difficult to be confident in one's assessment here given that the video they show doesn't start until after the shooting. I'm a little uncomfortable with the verdict, but they have all the information and they likely got it right.

What a ridiculous assertion. The American hate for the brown people is going out of control. We had nothing to do with this and get over it.

This man is clearly not even Hispanic. He is southeast Asian. Even the victim's girlfriend said so when they first posted this incident on Facebook.

But us brown people are always the scapegoat when blacks and whites go at it. Overtime, this southeast Asian police officer was suddenly morphed into a hispanic police officer. He is only considered "Hispanic" because it fits the narrative of politics today.

Yanez, of South St. Paul, was 28 years old at the time of the shooting[16] and is a Mexican American.[17]

I've known some Filipinos who claim to be Hispanic, or worse imo, Polynesian. To be fair they do have the shared colonial heritage of being a Spanish colony.

Edit: but apparently Yanez is Mexican American

WTF are you talking about? I don't think it's unreasonable that I assumed a brown person with the name Jeronimo Yanez was Hispanic, and nobody is is pointing the finger at Hispanics to fit a narrative. The media is guilty of point the finger at whitey.

Hispanics get lumped in with white people a lot of the time, because some of them are Caucasian, as Hispanic or Latino is not a race. If anything minority crimes (for the most part) go unreported by the press.

Edit: He's Latino. He is a member of the Minnesota Chapter of the National Latino Peace Officers Association.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-during-traffic-stop/?utm_term=.d3414a272925

Race doesn't mean shit, the cop shot him and immediately knew he fucked up on video. You can hear him lamenting his decision if I remember correctly.

His family will get millions in a wrongful death suit.

Back