Case Study. Ontario Canada. Ideological leftist failure!

{<huh}

Neither had you until you posted something completely off-topic. STFU or don't bother empty posting.

And your pile of shit post above this is any better?

It's just another bitch and whine post like mine.

{<jordan}

This isn't a case study of leftist ideology. It is a case study of just complete incompetence. This whole partisan bullshit we have had to deal with for last umpteen years is getting really tiring.
The green initiatives were CERTAINLY something leftist politicians (both liberal and NDP) campaigned on so I don't see how you can say it was not leftist when it was a clear appeal to those primarily on the left of the political spectrum in Canada.

The green initiatives were CERTAINLY something leftist politicians (both liberal and NDP) campaigned on so I don't see how you can say it was not leftist when it was a clear appeal to those primarily on the left of the political spectrum in Canada.

Because this whole nonsense of political spectrum and partisan politics only adds to the fuel of keeping us as a society back from being able to achieve what us as a species can accomplish.

The notion of buying all energy at a higher rate than you are selling it isn't something associated with having a certain ideology; it is associated with bad fiscal management. People are stupid, it isn't a political leaning that determines whether you are or are not.

Because this whole nonsense of political spectrum and partisan politics only adds to the fuel of keeping us as a society back from being able to achieve what us as a species can accomplish.

The notion of buying all energy at a higher rate than you are selling it isn't something associated with having a certain ideology; it is associated with bad fiscal management. People are stupid, it isn't a political leaning that determines whether you are or are not.
Well I hate partisan politics as much as anyone. But I don't see how denying it helps.

There is no doubt that politicians with certain agenda's use the desires of certain population bases to get the votes to push their agenda. There is no doubt their left based movement in this country that wants to push a green energy agenda regardless of cost or harm.

This example in Ontario is exactly how many on the left are exploited time and time again by politicians. Politicians see that while they are well intentioned they are gullible and naïve and all they have to do is tell them certain things they want to hear (such as 'who could be against green energy') and then this naïve group of citizens will vote in droves to push this agenda regardless of damage to the economy or even themselves.

The typical left leaning voters, as in this example, are often completely naïve to the cost and harm their position may impose on others but they still push to plow ahead because they think the goal will make them 'feel good'.

I cant get over how epic-ly funny your name is.

I think NAFTA hurt Ontario badly. Many manufacturing jobs left which caused people to become commuters which inflated the real estate market in towns further from Toronto.

I love living here though. The best place I have ever lived.

I think NAFTA hurt Ontario badly. Many manufacturing jobs left which caused people to become commuters which inflated the real estate market in towns further from Toronto.

I love living here though. The best place I have ever lived.
Interesting considering that NAFTA is largely considered the biggest contributor to the wealth and stability that Canada enjoyed during the Mulroney and subsequent Chretian/Martin and Harper years.

This isn't a case study of leftist ideology. It is a case study of just complete incompetence. This whole partisan bullshit we have had to deal with for last umpteen years is getting really tiring.
But this is undeniable a case of partisan appeal.

This 'green energy agenda', the way it was packaged up, was marketed hard to mostly left leaning voters. It became a liberal versus Conservative agenda.

Not due to potential outcomes. Its a strawman politicians throw out to say if you do not support their specific programs you do not support the outcome. But that is often, unfortunately how it is characterized for 'leftist causes'. If you do not support the Green Energy Act you do not support improving the environment :oops:. Conservatives would counter that they do support initiatives for the environment but not this over arching, costly and poorly thought out one. They would then be demonized as 'not supporting the environment'.

And thus those who consider themselves left leaning (liberal) would give their uncritical support because they do not want to be labeled as against the environment. They vote like zombies for a 'good' cause without considering the unintended consequences and then cause more harm then they intended.

I've been living in Ontario for over a decade now...If you can manage a simple life not sit on your ass all day, keep everything low key...pay your taxes (they're high)...you can enjoy life if you know which part of Ontario to live. Roof over your head, food on the table, a DTF partner...I pretty much spend my free time fishing on rivers if i'm not here.

I've been living in Ontario for over a decade now...If you can manage a simple life not sit on your ass all day, keep everything low key...pay your taxes (they're high)...you can enjoy life if you know which part of Ontario to live. Roof over your head, food on the table, a DTF partner...I pretty much spend my free time fishing on rivers if i'm not here.
Yes. Despite the successive Ontario gov'ts massive history of continued taxpayer money waste (e-Health, Green Energy Act, etc) you can live a good life there.

That is what the gov't counts on as they waste ever more and in bigger amounts that as long as citizens are otherwise happy they won't notice or care about how much taxpayer money is being stolen from them.

Ontario was a bastion of self sufficiency in its power generation for decades. A mix of hydro, Nuclear and Coal gave us a stable power supply and allowed us to sell off excess energy for decades to the US and other Provinces.

Left leaning politicians for decades have chipped away at that sufficiency by purposely choking out both Nuclear and Coal to create a demand for their much hoped for green energy projects. They envisioned a Province running on Wind and Solar and would let nothing get in the way of that including huge costs and power shortages to citizens.

The Green Energy Act was brought into Ontario in 2009 by the Liberal McGuinty gov't. It forcibly committed the citizens and gov't to buy any and ALL green energy produced (wind, solar, etc) first to feed the Ontario grid before the gov't could purchase or use any other forms of power. This meant guaranteed demand for the Green Energy producers regardless of cost to produce this green energy.

What this has resulted in is Ontario citizens having to buy their power for 8.55 cents a kilowatt hour while selling off the cheaper produced energy to neighbouring jurisdictions — Michigan. New York, Minnesota, Manitoba and Quebec — for 2.65 cents/kwh. A debacle that is costing citizens upwards of $1B per year some years so basically give away the cheap energy while forcing citizens to buy the more expensive. Its a bizarre situation where Ontario now has overall the lowest cost energy it has ever had but the citizens of Ontario pay the most they ever had and far more than market costs. In fact the more the wind blows and sun shines and the more Green Energy that is produced the worse off Ontario citizens are, cost wise.

In a rare move the Ontario Liberal Premier, in near tears admitted the debacle has had a real and profound impact on Ontarion's particular those who live with little discretionary income where "“People have told (her) that they’ve had to choose between paying their electricity bill and buying food or paying the rent."

This is a true case of Gov't and Leftist hubris where they see something they think is 'the right thing to do' and that it will be a boon to the citizens and simply believe they can force it into the market and effectively pick winners in losers within a free market economy and end up distorting the market and hurting the very citizens they purport to be helping.

This is what happens when leftist, liberal ideology is given too storing a mandate (majority) by citizens (voters) where they can force these measures in without checks and balances.
Did going away from Nuclear have to do with Fukushima?

Um I'm not sure how old you are but the Liberals weren't in power here from 1990 to 2003.
1297717119319_ORIGINAL.jpg

We haven't done away with anything. We produce a shit load of nuclear power, we just give most of it away so we can over pay for solar. And we had our own meltdown here, decades before anyone knew what fukushima is.

And yet the liberals have been the defacto party in power, minus a few short stints, in Ontario for my entire life.
Why do you think the ndp wont get elected again. They fucked us. As did the pc party.
The libs are just fine.

We've moved away from nuclear (not adding capacity and slowly decommissioning current reactors) because the greens do not like it, despite it being a clean technology. Nuclear just seems bad (like war) to them.

We've moved away from nuclear (not adding capacity and slowly decommissioning current reactors) because the greens do not like it, despite it being a clean technology. Nuclear just seems bad (like war) to them.
War is bad. To them and everyone else. lol

The nuclear thing is confusing to me because I still don't understand where that shit goes after it's been spent. We're just going to keep burying that shit I guess? I should probably study up on it.

Ontario is totally reliant on addiction too. It has a lock on the alcohol, tobacco and gambling (with payouts as abysmal as the cash grabbing Vegas strip) "industries." This reliance can't and won't last. Throw in a housing market bubble, mass immigration and look out.

Mulsim vote Liberal , thus the airlifting of them by th ethousands in to the country by Turdo.

Mulsim vote Liberal , thus the airlifting of them by th ethousands in to the country by Turdo.

The only election I can remember where they were the only demographic told on all national television stations when their advance voting would be and where to find group buses to take them to their voting stations. It was both outrageous and damning of this administration. Sikhs, Hindus, Budhists, Christians, Hutterites, homeless people, the aged etc didn't get this same bizarre treatment. Sickening.

Back