Carl Froch vs jermain taylor...who takes this?

Abishai**

Black Belt
Reaction score
I ask because I expected talyor to be a heavy favorite. But he's only at -130.

I thought Froch was just another British import who has an impressive record over little known fighters and journeymen...

several "experts" have Froch winning.

Who do you guys have winning?

all opinions welcome.

Froch is a very solid fighter, big puncher, just because many haven't heard of him I guess he's discounted, but he's tough, great chin as shown in his last fight and I expect him to put on a good show in this fight, I think he'll take a unanimous decision

It will be a great fight hopefully

Froch is a very solid fighter, big puncher, just because many haven't heard of him I guess he's discounted, but he's tough, great chin as shown in his last fight and I expect him to put on a good show in this fight, I think he'll take a unanimous decision

It will be a great fight hopefully

by the way, who's your favorite fighter?

joke

jermain taylor will beat that guy by knock power.

I have only seen Froch once and that was as Pascal. Great, tough fight.

Taylor is another step up and so this will be interesting...

Whats the date for this fight?....Should be a barnstormer.

I hope Taylor has it in him to stay in a slugfest.
Froch can do it, he showed it with Pascal.

I think Taylor is a more skilled boxer. But if Froch can turn it into a two to two fight, then I'd favor Froch.

Pisses me off that no UK TV station is showing this.

A genuine English world champion fighting a world class opponent, and the best we'll get is pbp or crappy internet stream.

At the same time they put all Amir Khan fights on fucking pay per view. British boxing is a joke at times.

From what I hear it was Froch's fault there is no UK tv coverage. He priced himself out.

Ive seen them both fight and think frochs style will be difficult for taylor. Ill take froch

I like Taylor, Taylor does damage when he has to fight and he'll have to fight here.

Taylor by ko in the late/middle rounds.

Taylor is alot better than people like to admit. He is going to win this and confortably.

The UK networks not touching this is a little odd but not completely astonding. If you thought Calzaghe was obscure in the UK for 90% of his career then Froch might aswell be living in a parralel dimension. He is about as well known as Junior Witter or Clinton Woods.

Froch priced himself out, it's that simple. I'm hoping Taylor puts on a clinic. Taylor is a good guy and Froch is a fucking pain in the ass, Joe Calzaghe level pain in the ass. Taylor is by far the more skillfull fighter, but Froch brings a lot of aggression and strength and Taylor can go missing.

Froch is a good fighter and has a style power punchers would like but I dont think Taylor has enough power to cause Froch problems.

Froch by very close UD
Posted via Mobile Device

Pisses me off that no UK TV station is showing this.

A genuine English world champion fighting a world class opponent, and the best we'll get is pbp or crappy internet stream.

At the same time they put all Amir Khan fights on fucking pay per view. British boxing is a joke at times.

Agreed, its a damn p*sstake.

Taylor is alot better than people like to admit. He is going to win this and confortably.

The UK networks not touching this is a little odd but not completely astonding. If you thought Calzaghe was obscure in the UK for 90% of his career then Froch might aswell be living in a parralel dimension. He is about as well known as Junior Witter or Clinton Woods.

It's not so much about being well known as it is about being popular. No one likes Froch but millions watched his watched last fight.

And he did price himself out. It's not the networks 'not touching' it, they all put in bids.

Back