Carl Froch vs jermain taylor...who takes this?

At that point to most people he was the annoying prick who kept saying he'd knock out joe calzaghe
I remember that. Brits didn't really get behind him until he started winning big fights.

I remember that. Brits didn't really get behind him until he started winning big fights.
Hardcore fans were watching, the wider public was slobbering over Hatton and calzaghe

He was still being 'promoted' by Mick Hennesey in 2009

I definitely remember being pissed I couldn't watch that fight live.......

He came to the publics attention after the Pascal fight. He won in a FOTY candidate and it was on ITV, which is a terrestrial TV channel here, so millions saw it.

Before that yeh, apart from harcore fans and people from the East Midlands, the rest of the country only really knew him for talking shit about Calzaghe.

It took a ridiculously long time for Sky TV to realise his money making potential, it wasn't til the Kessler fight that he was actually picked up by them. As has been said, Taylor fight wasn't even televised and Dirrell was on fucking Primetime.

I like Taylor, Taylor does damage when he has to fight and he'll have to fight here.

Taylor by ko in the late/middle rounds.

LOL

Overrating American fighters as usual.

LOL

Overrating American fighters as usual.

Taylor was the favorite going into the fight.
No one was overrating Taylor, just underrating Froch. Taylor was Froch's coming out party.

Back