Media Cannonier impressed by Chimaev: "Usman looked like a gorilla"

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

"What else can I say? It was Khamzat Chimaev as advertised. He came out in that first round with a pace that hardly anyone can keep up with, and was looking for that rear naked choke and everything.
Was all over Usman's back, but Usman looked like a damn gorilla defending that rear naked choke! Had his knuckles on the mat, dude wrapping his hand around his neck and realized that there's
nothing there. I thought that was pretty interesting to see. So yeah, I saw a little gorilla in Usman just sitting there with the dude on his back trying to choke him out, but he just sitting there with his hands
on the mat."

"Something I already knew, you can't try to avoid his grappling. He's really good at shooting low, and if he can't get to your hips he'll continue til he gets to your ankle... I thought that was pretty cool to see his wrestling on display but you know, this is something that I've already known, learned throughout my career that you can't really defend a wrestler by trying to avoid those wrestling exchanges.

Now I understand MMA, you want to keep it on the feet and try not to engage in those situations but when you got a wrestler that's that good, who's that dedicated to his craft and gets on you eventually,
he's going to make contact with you, it gets to a point where you're going to to have to start engaging with him."

I know there are a lot of trolls here, but whoever thinks this is racist, like for real, is projecting either their fears, their RL experiences, or their own racism into it.

If you can't see a man, whose skin is also somewhat close to the animal explained, in a "gorrila position" (as he says, knuckles on the floor, big, strong, endures a lot, something gorilla's do), and then hearing someone say what Cannonier said, without thinking of "He's calling him a monkey, that's racist!".....you have problems:rolleyes:

No it wouldn't be.... it would just be a comparison... It would be deemed "Wacist" by virtue signaling white liberals and that's about it.

I know...but white liberal social values have become quite normalized and it's getting worse.

Back