News Canelo vs Munguia May 4th PBC AMAZON PRIME PPV

Canelo's gone full heel.

Not sure why he think Mungia is a more important contender than Benavidez.

Ok, I think what he's saying is that Benavidez doesn't move the needle in terms of excitement any more than Munguia, maybe to hardcores but not to casuals.

LOL @ wanted to short him.

He wanted $50 million to fight big Charlo after already decisively beating his twin brother. Haymon told him that he had to take an actual profitable fight against Munguia, and that's what he ended up having to do because DAZN wasn't going to pay for that shit either.

The guy is openly telling the world that he's done with legacy and just cares about extracting cash from promoters/networks now.

Honestly, he's had a long career and has earned the right to do whatever he wants. My only issue is him being allowed to masquerade as an undisputed champ when he has no intention of fighting the two most dangerous guys in the division.

I don't see the part in your post that disagrees with anything I said.
All I remember is that he had a deal for 3 fights and then PBC said they'd only pay him the contracted amount for one of the fights. No matter how you slice it, they tried to give him less than what he agreed to when he signed with them.
If the Benavidez fight is as big as people say, (which its clearly not) then why shouldn't he maximize his payday?

If the Benavidez fight is as big as people say, (which its clearly not) then why shouldn't he maximize his payday?

Why is he asking 200m for a fight you think is clearly not that big?

Canelo is one of my favorit fighters, but this fight and his ducking of benavidez is just a total joke. i fight no mexicans lol. yet fights a mexican over the american guy everyone wants him to fight. "nobody can beat this Canelo" (after beating a super welterweight by UD). I understand why he is scared (of losing not of the fight intself). Benavidez has a very very high workrate and Canelo likes his fights with a very very low output. in that sense benavidez is a terrible matchup.

Last edited:
Bro said a balding Canelo. Fuck

kevin-garnett-in-the-audience-c276cp4r7cysh81m.gif

Canelo's gone full heel.

Not sure why he think Mungia is a more important contender than Benavidez.

He's not entirely wrong though. He can't please every journalist and fan. Some of them will always move the goalposts. He's an amazing fighter and he can do whatever he wants at this point.

He's not entirely wrong though. He can't please every journalist and fan. Some of them will always move the goalposts. He's an amazing fighter and he can do whatever he wants at this point.

Actually a champion has obligations. Drop the belts then do whatever you want.

Back