Canelo has outsold the UFC in PPV buys this year

The way I look at it is it needs to be a co main for say a Conor card, I know it doesn't have the name value but people will be watching regardless and when they see how entertaining these 2 are you know they'll be googling them.

Problem is the ufc doesn't have enough stars to promote the next generation of fighters.
Co-maining on a McGregor card may actually be the best way to go about it, we know Conor sells, and this would give great exposure for two of the best up and coming talents in the organization. I like the way you think. And obviously that scrap will be entertaining one way or the other.

Co-maining on a McGregor card may actually be the best way to go about it, we know Conor sells, and this would give great exposure for two of the best up and coming talents in the organization. I like the way you think. And obviously that scrap will be entertaining one way or the other.
Conor cards need to be entertaining, name value doesn't really add that many buys.

The ufc use to get greedy with gsp cards (look at the fights he had as co main and it was embarrassing).

You need fighters on Conor cards that you know people will say jesus that guys entertaining.

Ngaunno is building a name for himself but imagine having him on a Conor card. People will check him out.

Ufc seems to want to stack Conor cards for whatever reason when you know he will sell 1 million+ no matter what.

an A-level sport that sells out stadiums
22652077551_64a46dc21c_k.jpg

UFC held an event at this same venue (in Berlin) and only opened the bottom seats because they wouldnt sell the top bleachers.

How is it a sport ?? So it is video games ??

This is a sad state of affairs.

The last time I remember being good at a video game was Mario Kart for the snes when I was a kid.

I don't even want to play video games let alone watch others do it.

<LikeReally5> .

How is it a sport ?? So it is video games ??

This is a sad state of affairs.

The last time I remember being good at a video game was Mario Kart for the snes when I was a kid.

I don't even want to play video games let alone watch others do it.

<LikeReally5> .
they have way hotter female fans than mma too.

Canelo with two PPVs has garnered 2.5m buys
The UFC with 9 PPVs so far has only brought in 2.41m buys.

UFC 208-200K
UFC 209-250K
UFC 210-300K
UFC 211-300K
UFC 212-167K
UFC 213-125K
UFC 214-850K
UFC 215-100K
UFC 216-120K
=2.412m

Canelo-Chavez Jr-1.2m
Canelo-GGG-1.3m
=2.5m

If we were to add the rest of the boxing ppvs:
GGG-Jacobs-170k
Canelo-Chavez Jr-1.2m
Ward-Kovalev II-130k
Canelo-GGG-1.3m
Mayweather-McGregor 4.4m
=7.2m

Boxing is having a banner year.

Since Mayweather-McGregor, the UFC has yet to have a ppv do over 130k ppvs. I think the casuals have walked away from the sport. Why not? McGregor did.

Anyway UFC 217?

Prediction? 325k ppvs

I don't a fuck how much a card makes or who is the biggest PPV draw. Why would I? I'm not getting point on the gat or the pay per view buys?

I don't a fuck how much a card makes or who is the biggest PPV draw. Why would I? I'm not getting point on the gat or the pay per view buys?
well you should care because drawing power matters more than rankings in UFC's matchmaking. It is not a meritocracy by any means.

well you should care because drawing power matters more than rankings in UFC's matchmaking. It is not a meritocracy by any means.

That's one of the many reasons why I loathe the UFC...doesn't mean I'm going to use PPV buys as some sort of bragging rights for a fighter I support.

I think its more that the UFC has just put on some trash cards this year. 217 will probably do like 650-800k, which is pretty solid.

I'm an MMA fan & I'm fine with that.

But one thing, you're portraying an entire sport, against a single promotion . It is the largest promotion, but it's still just 1. Boxing seems extremely top heavy as well. Anyways, it seems like sherdog feel like success has to be mutually exclusive.....it doesn't. McGregor crossing over & giving boxing a shot in the arm proved that.

Last edited:
6AnLn.jpg

look at that A-level athlete on the right. They are on the same Starcraft team. That dude is married to former Miss Oregon.
8a7Rq.png

these guys SLAY.

canello won't fight anymore this year, ufc has more cards so ayy lmao

Conor takes 12 months off and the UFC dies

Show some respect to the man who keeps this company alive, bums

conor-mcgregor-ufc-mma-131.jpg

Canelo with two PPVs has garnered 2.5m buys
The UFC with 9 PPVs so far has only brought in 2.41m buys.

UFC 208-200K
UFC 209-250K
UFC 210-300K
UFC 211-300K
UFC 212-167K
UFC 213-125K
UFC 214-850K
UFC 215-100K
UFC 216-120K
=2.412m

Canelo-Chavez Jr-1.2m
Canelo-GGG-1.3m
=2.5m

If we were to add the rest of the boxing ppvs:
GGG-Jacobs-170k
Canelo-Chavez Jr-1.2m
Ward-Kovalev II-130k
Canelo-GGG-1.3m
Mayweather-McGregor 4.4m
=7.2m

Boxing is having a banner year.

Since Mayweather-McGregor, the UFC has yet to have a ppv do over 130k ppvs. I think the casuals have walked away from the sport. Why not? McGregor did.

Anyway UFC 217?

Prediction? 325k ppvs
Nice post. I believe 217 does 450k. I see many ppl predicting 750k-1m & that to me is laughable. I'm not hearing or feeling any buzz for 217. I'm personally more pumped for 218.

UFC forum should be renamed.
DEAD SPORTS GENERAL.

Not actually boxings best year, its just that boxing is never on the fringe of collapsing because of one guy while MMA is clearly on its way out
I have to admin that Brock, Sonnen, and now McGregor have seriously hampered my interest in UFC (not MMA altogether). I cringe when I think about what will be next.

Actually conor mcgregor is the bigger star than mayweather or canelo...check twitter followers, instagram ect ect.
The genuine public prefers mcgregor.
Mayweather has 1.3 million more twitter followers than Conor.
I don't really care either way but figured I'd let you know that you're wrong for future reference.

Back