Canelo compared to other greats at age 26!

lol , you guys know Garcia has talked about going up to 140 and thats exactly why there will be no mention of a Garcia fight until Garcia struggles to make weight or moves up. Then you guys will say Garcia ducked him and post to each other about what great Lomachenko fans you are compared to everyone else.
Will you take a bet on this?

woah! a thread bump challenge! take it easy man, wouldn't want to do anything anybody will regret.

No, we won't get that in one year. I'm being realistic here, we're gettingGarcia and Lineares in two years, not one. Telling a SFW to jump to face a LW, a JWW, and WW in that order is absurd.

We'll get something along these lines: Corrales (if Salido keeps ducking) or a Salido rematch (http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-gives-update-on-lomachenko-vs-salido-rematch--115771). Maybe we'll get both if Vasyl stays active. Then probably a jump to LW against Flanagan or Linares. Garcia will be after Flanagan/Linares (my guess is Garcia targets a fight with Linares and Loma takes on Flanagan).

Nnobody goes from SFW to JWW or WW in one year, so Crawford is out for at least two-three years. Pac is only if Arum goes through with his (original) plan of Flanagan then Pac, which probably won't happen.

So how are the fights going to go down in the future? Loma will face Mikey within two and Linares (if he's still relevant) within one and a half. Pac probably will retire before they can fight and that's only happening if Bob fast-tracks Vasyl after a fight with Linares/flanagan. Crawford will prolly be when they're both comfortably at 147.
I don't know I think we'll have to wait and see how he does at LW first. Hopefully against Mikey by the end of next year. That should be a tough fight for him to get past. If he wins impressively even Seano will sing him praises.

If Mosley (considering the age and weight), Lara, and Trout make his list, then there should be some more names on the other resumes. Canelo is a very good fighter, but he's not on the level of the other fighters you listed in talent or achievement.
I think comparing the quality of their signature wins is the point of only listing each fighter's best wins

Lets not get childish now.
<36>

Maybe Linares.

Yeah, he's the one being childish. You're laughing (through Cormier), but what's wrong with Linares? He's the no. 2 ranked Lightweight in the world. He looked really good in his last fight too. It seems that you're writing off all of Loma's competition in advance, everyone except Mikey. Mikey is also the same fighter that you questioned in terms of heart against, wait for it, Salido. I remember that thread and so does Iron b/c he brought it up recently in another thread. I remember that thread well b/c I posted in it.

You're right, Loma & Salido are negotiating again. This will be the third time now in a span of less than 1 year so let's hope that the third time's a charm for Salido since you care to see the rematch so badly. Arum had this to say yesterday.

"I had good discussions with Fernando Beltran (of Zanfer Promotions) and Sean Gibbons (Salido's adviser), the kid has come around, he wants the fight. I think he's going to fight in May in Mexico, a tune-up and then in late July or early August we're planning for Lomachenko to get back in the ring."

Salido's manager Gibbons had this to say.

"Orlando really wants a rematch against Lomachenko. He wants it financially and also wants it for pride. He is tired of hearing about low blows, the weight, the referee ... No more excuses. Everybody says that Lomachenko is a different fighter now, but Orlando feels that even if Lomachenko has improved he has the right plan to beat him again."
Arum Gives Update on Lomachenko vs. Salido Rematch

They had "good discussions" and Salido allegedly wants the fight now. If Salido loses to this Thai then it's "game over" for them, Gibbons' words. Iron also raised a very important point, where were the counter offers? I don't remember there ever being any the last two times they negotiated. It's time to lose the security blanket, Linus.

Draw-Linus-Van-Pelt-Step-7.jpg

Yeah, he's the one being childish. You're laughing (through Cormier), but what's wrong with Linares? He's the no. 2 ranked Lightweight in the world. He looked really good in his last fight too. It seems that you're writing off all of Loma's competition in advance, everyone except Mikey. Mikey is also the same fighter that you questioned in terms of heart against, wait for it, Salido. I remember that thread and so does Iron b/c he brought it up recently in another thread. I remember that thread well b/c I posted in it.

You're right, Loma & Salido are negotiating again. This will be the third time now in a span of less than 1 year so let's hope that the third time's a charm for Salido since you care to see the rematch so badly. Arum had this to say yesterday.

Salido's manager Gibbons had this to say.

Arum Gives Update on Lomachenko vs. Salido Rematch

They had "good discussions" and Salido allegedly wants the fight now. If Salido loses to this Thai then it's "game over" for them, Gibbons' words. Iron also raised a very important point, where were the counter offers? I don't remember there ever being any the last two times they negotiated. It's time to lose the security blanket, Linus.

Draw-Linus-Van-Pelt-Step-7.jpg
Linares is OK.He's not Pac/Garcia/Crawford though. Just saying, thats the best you're going to get. Oh, Arum will say he's working on all these huge fights, then we'll get Hank Lundy or some shit.

It amuses me that you called me childish for using a sherdog gif but then include a cartoon in the same post.

Linares is OK.He's not Pac/Garcia/Crawford though. Just saying, thats the best you're going to get. Oh, Arum will say he's working on all these huge fights, then we'll get Hank Lundy or some shit.

It amuses me that you called me childish for using a sherdog gif but then include a cartoon in the same post.

I didn't explicitly call you childish, I was pointing out that you were being childish and calling Iron that. You were laughing at the #2 ranked fighter in the Lightweight division, a titleholder that looked very good in his last fight. According to Mikey's own brother we'll be seeing Loma fight Garcia. With Crawford we saw him take on and beat the #2 fighter at JWW in Postol last year in a unification match, remember that? That fight was a PPV when it shouldn't have been but that was the best fight to be made in the division at the time.

You hate Arum yet he helped build your favorite fighter. Even after they split he continued to work with Arum. You don't like any of those 3 fighters you posted and you don't like Lomachenko. You strongly hate Pac, you just shit on Crawford in this thread, you've questioned Mikey's heart before and you think Linares is laughable. Like I said, you're writing off all of Loma's future competition in advance. The Crawford fight won't happen, he'll be at 147 by the time Lomachenko gets high enough up there in weight. Pac may not happen either, that's up to Roach. Arum wants it to happen but Freddie said 140 until recently, he mentioned a catchweight potentially. Garcia is a fight that can happen and soon.

I didn't explicitly call you childish, I was pointing out that you were being childish and calling Iron that. You were laughing at the #2 ranked fighter in the Lightweight division, a titleholder that looked very good in his last fight. According to Mikey's own brother we'll be seeing Loma fight Garcia. With Crawford we saw him take on and beat the #2 fighter at JWW in Postol last year in a unification match, remember that? That fight was a PPV when it shouldn't have been but that was the best fight to be made in the division at the time.

You hate Arum yet he helped build your favorite fighter. Even after they split he continued to work with Arum. You don't like any of those 3 fighters you posted and you don't like Lomachenko. You strongly hate Pac, you just shit on Crawford in this thread, you've questioned Mikey's heart before and you think Linares is laughable. Like I said, you're writing off all of Loma's future competition in advance. The Crawford fight won't happen, he'll be at 147 by the time Lomachenko gets high enough up there in weight. Pac may not happen either, that's up to Roach. Arum wants it to happen but Freddie said 140 until recently, he mentioned a catchweight potentially. Garcia is a fight that can happen and soon.
I don't hate Arum. I just don't think he's a very good promoter anymore. The guy is a legend but he doesn't really try anymore.

I agree, Garcia/Lomachenko IS a fight that could happen soon.

But it probably won't.

I ask again if you had control over loma's next three fights who would you pick? or are you saying garcia/pac/Crawford? my god if were ever to beat those three(I don't he would) we wouldn't be talking p4p we would talking about one of the best ever....

I ask again if you had control over loma's next three fights who would you pick? or are you saying garcia/pac/Crawford? my god if were ever to beat those three(I don't he would) we wouldn't be talking p4p we would talking about one of the best ever....
Why is it his next 3 fights now?

The guy is ranked top 3 p4p by a lot of people. I guess I expect a P4Per to have a better resume. Who has Lomachenko fought thats even top 50 p4p? I don't recall Mikey Garcia being on any P4P list when he beat Roman Martinez and he also beat Salido.

You know, other top ranked p4pers got there by beating other guys who were considered P4P material. Recently it seems like its based on whoever HBO wants you to think it is.

The Lomachenko fan base is simply exaggerating how great he is. I respect his skills but people are going overboard with the legendary comparisons.

I don't hate Arum. I just don't think he's a very good promoter anymore. The guy is a legend but he doesn't really try anymore.

I agree, Garcia/Lomachenko IS a fight that could happen soon.

But it probably won't.

Let's look at the SFW division. The best fight to be made at 130 right now is Loma vs Tank. Before Arum even had a chance to work with Floyd/Haymon, 48 hours later Floyd issued a statement that Loma can stay with TR and that they wouldn't be rushing Davis into any unification fights. That isn't Arum blocking the fight, it's Floyd, Davis' mentor and promoter. You tried to spin it after he beat Pedraza that Arum would block the fight but look what happened, the opposite. The reality is that Tank isn't ready for Loma yet. He's been in one world title fight and he's very young. But, that's the fight that everyone wants to see very soon. I think Tank should get a few more fights in, like most sensible fans believe. There are, however, others that believe that since Tank is now a titleholder (IBF) that he should already be ready to unify with the rest - Loma, Berchelt and Corrales.

If one fighter is being held back by his promoter as far as unification fights then that screws the rest of the division out of not only that unification fight but the chance to become the undisputed champion (WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO), at least in the near future. Arum isn't always to blame.

Let's look at the SFW division. The best fight to be made at 130 right now is Loma vs Tank. Before Arum even had a chance to work with Floyd/Haymon, 48 hours later Floyd issued a statement that Loma can stay with TR and that they wouldn't be rushing Davis into any unification fights. That isn't Arum blocking the fight, it's Floyd, Davis' mentor and promoter. You tried to spin it after he beat Pedraza that Arum would block the fight but look what happened, the opposite. The reality is that Tank isn't ready for Loma yet. He's been in one world title fight and he's very young. But, that's the fight that everyone wants to see very soon. I think Tank should get a few more fights in, like most sensible fans believe. There are, however, others that believe that since Tank is now a titleholder (IBF) that he should already be ready to unify with the rest - Loma, Berchelt and Corrales.

If one fighter is being held back by his promoter as far as unification fights then that screws the rest of the division out of not only that unification fight but the chance to become the undisputed champion (WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO), at least in the near future. Arum isn't always to blame.
Hey he can fight who he wants. But if him and his team are throwing around Garcia and Pac as possible opponents, then you have to start fighting guys better than Walters and Sosa.

Hey he can fight who he wants. But if him and his team are throwing around Garcia and Pac as possible opponents, then you have to start fighting guys better than Walters and Sosa.

I agree. Now, if only the other titleholders would actually cooperate. Lomachenko couldn't get any titleholders to fight him at FW. Why? They were Golden Boy fighters and/or advised by Haymon. Russell Jr. was a GB/Haymon fighter and he fought him on SHO after losing the purse bid. After that fight, do you really think those guys wanted to risk their titleholders' belts against him? Russell Jr. landed 10% of his total punches according to the stats, 8% were power punches and 2% were jabs. They saw what they needed to see in order to advise their fighters to stay away from the guy.

Loma then moves up to SFW. He was chasing Walters. He couldn't get Walters (wanted $1 mill) so he fought Martinez and won a title. He wants to unify with the whole division but Tank's off the table for now and Berchelt wants to fight his mando, Miura, rather than unify with the likes of Loma. Corrales has turned down two offers to fight Loma. He would've had a spot on regular HBO too. They're either getting buku bucks to face him or they're opting out. He put both divisions on blast and said that none of them were real champions. After he said that it wasn't long before Sosa (a WBA secondary titlist) stepped up. He never wanted to fight Sosa in the first place, he was their last resort to keep him active so he can get in his 3 fights this year.

Loma was the consensus #1 rated FW before he moved up to SFW. It took him only two fights (Martinez & Walters) to become the consensus #1 rated SFW. He's now in most Top 5 P4P lists or fringe Top 5 in only 9 fights, and that's with a loss on his record. He must be at least a "decent" talent to have accomplished that much so quickly. He'll be moving up again because the other titlists want no part of him. Like Aries said, why would he move up again into his third weight division in so few fights if this wasn't the case? The probability of him losing increases significantly in doing so.

No one is downplaying or discrediting Canelo's resume. But to compare his career to SRL, Mayweather, and Ali is a bit premature, and optimistic, no?
No because they were comparing them at age 26. Canelo has a nice resume for his age and I think he's fighting another 5 years minimum.

No because they were comparing them at age 26. Canelo has a nice resume for his age and I think he's fighting another 5 years minimum.
canelo will be fighting for a loooooong time. I say at least for another 10 years. He's being paced pretty well, and he's young. He's boxing's only legitimate PPV star (other than Pac) at this point and he will be in a position to collect big checks for a long time, even when past prime.

Canelo best win was an old Cotto. Lara and Trout were wins by a thin margin and neither should be thought as elite.

As for Fighters today Lomo, Ward, and Bud are the best p4p. Canelo has the Mexican base which makes him marketable beyond his talent ......... not saying he's not good Canelo is very good just gets over hyped due to his massive fan base.

Canelo best win was an old Cotto. Lara and Trout were wins by a thin margin and neither should be thought as elite.

As for Fighters today Lomo, Ward, and Bud are the best p4p. Canelo has the Mexican base which makes him marketable beyond his talent ......... not saying he's not good Canelo is very good just gets over hyped due to his massive fan base.

What win of Lomachenko's do you rate better than Cotto?

He's off to a very good start at a young age. I think Golovkin and Errol Spence will be his defining fights.

You think we'll see those fights?

I'm not calling anyone a duck those seem to good to be true.

You think we'll see those fights?

I'm not calling anyone a duck those seem to good to be true.

I do. I think they are a group of fighters that are not afraid to take tough fights. There are some guys I would expect to avoid some of those matchups, but those three guys do not seem like they are afraid of fights.

I do. I think they are a group of fighters that are not afraid to take tough fights. There are some guys I would expect to avoid some of those matchups, but those three guys do not seem like they are afraid of fights.

{<redford}

Back